Non-motoring > Humph's home video...? Miscellaneous
Thread Author: BobbyG Replies: 16

Humph's home video...? - BobbyG
www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZJ1N050sVo&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Fantastic video! Must have got the adrenaline going
 Humph's home video...? - Runfer D'Hills
I wish Bobby! Those guys aren't too shabby are they? That's in Rio I'm thinking ?
Tyres look very thin, must give some amount of grip?
You only really need wide knobblies on loose or gloop. Those guys were mainly on dry if not made surfaces. Narrower tyres are easier to turn and roll faster. You can have too much grip in some circumstances.

I saw this originally on facebook. At a family wedding at the weekend I discovered a distant relative was some sort of champion downhill mountain biker thingy , from up Fort William way.

Ever been to the Clachaig Inn in Glencoe?
 Humph's home video...? - Zero
Humph? no, I dont see the part where he spears his family jewels on the handlebar post as he goes A over T.
 Humph's home video...? - Focusless
Amazing. Similar sort of thing here, which IIRC I (or someone) posted prviously although can't find it now:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=xIe6hYAdw_I
Yes I think you're right Focusless, I think you did post that before but definitely worth another watch ! In the Chilean vid ( which may be older of course ) it sounds like the guy did that on rim brakes ( couldn't get a proper look ) They'd have been totally shot by the end of that run. Brave or stupid, either way, he's good...
Had they been down the course previously? Obviously it would take me one, possibly 2, runs to get up to that speed...
:)
 Humph's home video...? - Zero
I would guess they practised all the sections separately.
Doesn't really compare but this vid was shot at one of our favourite haunts in Llandegla forest. ( not by me, just found it on youtube )

www.youtube.com/watch?v=9wYGtLkwPX8
 Humph's home video...? - Bromptonaut
Now if I were doing that I'd wear a helmet.
Well, maybe so ! This again isn't me, but this is pretty much the same unplanned somersault I did a week past Sunday...Still hurts !

www.youtube.com/watch?v=xuoFc2VuM6U
 Humph's home video...? - R.P.
Humph - have you considered one of those Go Pro cams ? I have one for the bike - superb quality pics - in fact I see a lot of broadcasters use them now.
Hmmm now there's a thought ! We do get to some fairly obscure and beautiful places on our bikes right enough, it would maybe be good to do a bit of filming. I expect one can edit out the swearing?
>> www.youtube.com/watch?v=9wYGtLkwPX8

Impressive! Looks like a bit of a brown cycling shorts moment for the leader at 1:28 when the back end nearly gets away from him - prompts a sympathetic chuckle from the cameraman.
Last edited by: Focusless on Wed 23 Jan 13 at 21:50
 Humph's home video...? - zookeeper
its the walk back up thats the hardest...

www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Mq59ykPnAE
Latest Forum Posts