Non-motoring > Birthday card help Miscellaneous
Thread Author: sooty123 Replies: 38

Birthday card help - sooty123
Does anyone know of an online site that will type up a birthday card? Something similar to a printed note like you get with flowers.
 Birthday card help - Manatee
I use Moonpig.
 Birthday card help - sherlock47
Ditto for Moonpig - very useful for wedding anniversary cards when you are reminded at 23.57, "tomorrow is..........."

:)
 Birthday card help - Dave_
Also www.funkypigeon.com/
Last edited by: Dave_TDCi on Sat 2 Feb 13 at 22:03
 Birthday card help - Ted

Thanks for the reminder...the Ayatollah is 65 a month today....I'd better Moonpig her a card tomorrow !

Ted
 Birthday card help - Pat
For the more discerning among you try The Dogs Doodahs;)

Pat
 Birthday card help - nyx2k
ive used the dogs doodahs and seemed good value and arrived next day
 Birthday card help - nyx2k
good morning pat.
 Birthday card help - Pat
Morning Nick, nice to see my early morning friend is back;)

Pat
 Birthday card help - Zero
>> I use Moonpig.

I use a diary.
 Birthday card help - CGNorwich
My wife takes care of cards.

To be honest would the card industry exist without women? Does any man really care whether he gets a birthday card ? Would any man be bothered to send them unprompted ? Its seems to me one of those things where the male and female point of view is so totally different.
Last edited by: CGNorwich on Sun 3 Feb 13 at 10:28
 Birthday card help - Runfer D'Hills
Quite so CG. I share your view on that. I do so try to remember to send the damn things but so often forget.

What I find the is the most preposterous convention is the sending of cards to anyone who lives in the same house !

I know we mostly all do it or have done but y'know, think about it !

Surely the most preposterous of all is sending a Valentine card to your spouse. 40 years ago Valentine cards were something something soppy 16 year olds sent . Now thanks to the efforts of Hallmark et al failure to send one seems ground for divorce.

It's even stranger in Canada and the USA where they send "Send hugs and love to your mom, dad, brother, sister, cousins and loved ones." on Valentine's day. Yuck!!!!!

Here are a few you might like

www.123greetings.com/events/valentines_day/family/

Birthday card help - Clk Sec
Nothing whatsoever to do with Hallmark et al. Is romance dead in Norfolk?

Last edited by: Clk Sec on Sun 3 Feb 13 at 13:08
 Birthday card help - Pat
Everything is dead in Norfolk;)

Pat
Last edited by: Clk Sec on Sun 3 Feb 13 at 13:12

"Is romance dead in Norfolk?"

If my wife didn't know that I still love her after being married for 41 years without sending here a piece of overpriced cardboard then indeed it would be

And contrary to the popular view of Norfolk romance with "mom, dad, brother, sister, and cousins" is still frowned upon in these parts although I understand still popular in the fens :-)
>> "Is romance dead in Norfolk?"
>>
>> If my wife didn't know that I still love her after being married for 41
>> years without sending here a piece of overpriced cardboard then indeed it would be

So an occasional (overpriced) box of chocolates or bunch of flowers would be completely out of the question, then?
 Birthday card help - bathtub tom
>>So an occasional (overpriced) box of chocolates or bunch of flowers would be completely out of the question, then?

Two steaks and a bottle of wine for twenty quid at the local Wetherspoons on the 14th. That was her suggestion!
"So an occasional (overpriced) box of chocolates or bunch of flowers would be completely out of the question, then?"

The chocolates would, She doesn't eat them. I often buy her flowers and take her out for a meal to a decent restaurant most weeks. We just don't sent one another Valentines' Day cards.

Sending a bit of cardboard and a box of milk tray once a year is isn't particularly romantic is it?
 Birthday card help - zookeeper
i just spent the most expensive flowers on my GF birthday ... £180.00 ( thats what the vets bill came to when her beloved pet parrot chomped its way through half of them).... never again ;{
>> Sending a bit of cardboard and a box of milk tray once a year is
>> isn't particularly romantic is it?
>>

You sentimental soul...
 Birthday card help - Pat
>>If my wife didn't know that I still love her after being married for 41 years without sending here a piece of overpriced cardboard <<

I have no doubt that she knows, but I'd like to bet it would mean a lot to be told so in a different way after 41 years.

Pat
"but I'd like to bet it would mean a lot to be told so in a different way after 41 years."

But that's exactly my point. Sending a tacky bit of card and a box of chocolates once a year is hardly a substitute for making an effort and thinking of your partner for the rest of the year is it? A surprise trip to the theatre or a weekend at a favourite hotel, cooking a favourite meal or dining out or just listening to some favourite music together are altogether more thoughtful ways of expressing your love than a card with bears and kittens on it from Clinton cards.
 Birthday card help - Dog
>>than a card with bears and kittens on it from Clinton cards<<

:-D
 Birthday card help - Manatee
>>thanks to the efforts of Hallmark et al failure to send one seems ground for divorce.

Hasn't got me divorced yet!

Hasn't got me a Valentine card either.
I don't get one, either. But I wouldn't risk not sending one.
 Birthday card help - Dog
I'm up on you lot though in as much as I make chrissie & birthday cards on a printmaster publishing suite
(now Hallmark card studio) and have done for the last 12 years.

Might sound a bit naff, but I personalise em, change the font + colour, and put To Dog Woman at the top.
"and put To Dog Woman at the top."

Wonder why they don't do those in the shops. :-)
 Birthday card help - Dog
It's the Fault that counts ;-)
"Hasn't got me divorced yet!"

If it does don't forget to send a card.

www.greetingcarduniverse.com/divorce-break-up-announcements

Birthday card help - Ted

I'm buying her some nice shoes with square toes for her birthday.

Then she can get a bit nearer the sink.

Ted
>> But that's exactly my point. Sending a tacky bit of card and a box of
>> chocolates once a year is hardly a substitute for making an effort and thinking of
>> your partner for the rest of the year is it? A surprise trip to the
>> theatre or a weekend at a favourite hotel, cooking a favourite meal or dining out
>> or just listening to some favourite music together are altogether more thoughtful ways of expressing
>> your love than a card with bears and kittens on it from Clinton cards.

But you are assuming that the rest of us don't also buy theatre tickets, don't also book impromptu weekends away, don't also dine out, etc, etc. We just send 'tacky bits of cardboard and Milk Tray' once a year.

We should be so lucky.
I'm not assuming anything Clk Sec. I was just responding to Pat's post and pointing that I agree with her.
It's a discussion forum, CGNorwich, and I was merely discussing.
 Birthday card help - Zero
>> It's a discussion forum, CGNorwich, and I was merely discussing.

Isnt that in the pentathlon?
As indeed was I.
 Birthday card help - bathtub tom
>>
>> I'm buying her some nice shoes with square toes for her birthday.
>>
>> Then she can get a bit nearer the sink.
>>
>> Ted

I bought mine some chocolate shoes

Totally confused her.
 Birthday card help - Roger.
We had a rude anniversary card from our rude daughter. It was sent via Moonpig and showed a man fixing a long horizontal line of - ah - sex toys, to the wall of a room at about its mid vertical point.
The Woman to the man: " No ROGER! I said I wanted a dado rail!"
Latest Forum Posts