They're after me wedge..again. - Ted

Got an EMail purporting to come from Virgin Media this weekend.......thus--

URGENT BILLING NOTIFICATION 2/3/2013 1:34:56 AM

Virgin Media

Hello,

This e-mail has been sent you by Virgin Media to inform you that we were
unable to process your most recent payment of bill. This might be due to
one of the following reasons:

A recent change in your personal information such as Name or address.
Your Credit or Debit card has expired.
Insufficient funds in your account.
Cancellation of Direct Debit agreement.
Your Card issuer did not authorize this transaction.

To avoid Service interruption you will need to update your billing profile, failure to update your profile may lead in service cancellation and termination.

Please click on the link below to login to e-Billing. You will need to login using your primary E-mail address.

ยป Update your Virgin Media Billing Profile here

Once logged in you will need to fill in the required fields, please ensure all address and contact details are up to date, once submitted your account details will automatically be updated within 24 Hours.

King regards,

The Virgin Media Team

Hmmmmm...Got my bill on Friday and set up an online payment yesterday to be paid on Feb 14th......the due date on my bill.

Not even the courtesy of ' Dear Mr Ted ' ! So they don't know my name. Virgin do !

Don't know what the ' required fields ' are...not opened the link. I like the last bit where the 'King ' sends his regards....at 0134hrs !! Couldn't sleep ?

I've had a lot of EMails in the last coupla months from about 10 different banks....all the same......I don't bank with any of them.

They must think I came up the Manchester Ship Canal in a wheely bin !

Ted
 Fishy car adverts. - Dave_
I've been browsing Auto Trader lately. There seem to be a fair few bargain priced car ads masquerading under a dealer banner but with text asking you to email a spurious gmail address after 7pm instead of calling. Googling the gmail address throws up several similar ads for cars in different parts of the country (Loughborough, Falkirk and Dover spring to mind) with the same contact details.

Half a dozen similar photo ads in the back of the Sunday Times Driven section today too. The scam must be paying OK then...
 They're after me wedge..again. - Old Navy
>> They must think I came up the Manchester Ship Canal in a wheely bin !
>>
>> Ted
>>

On the rare occasion that I get them I forward them to the security department of the outfit they claim to be from before deleting them. I sometimes get a reply saying Thanks, we are dealing with it or investigating it.
Last edited by: Old Navy on Mon 4 Feb 13 at 07:32
 They're after me wedge..again. - Slidingpillar
I get more purporting to come from folk I don't bank or have bills with. However my actual bank has a unique email address that is nowhere other than their records. Plus real emails have my surname in them.

Worth it if you have a domain and get all mail sent to anything @fred_bloggs.co.uk etc.
 They're after me wedge..again. - Bromptonaut
Advance fee fraud appears to be back again too.

Email in the general inquiries box at work last week offering a share of Ghaddafi's mollions. Similar fax a week before.
Latest Forum Posts