Non-motoring > Hotel in Nice? Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Paul Robinson Replies: 9

Hotel in Nice? - Paul Robinson
Been looking online to book a room from 24.03 for 4 nights. We want to be central/close to the old town. Budget is 120 - 140 euro per night. At the moment there is so much choice, I'm finding it hard - can anyone recommend a good place?
 Hotel in Nice? - FocalPoint
When we stayed a couple of years ago we used this Ibis Budget hotel (used to be Etap):

tinyurl.com/bt56xpv

It's close to the sea front (Avenue des Anglais) and within walking distance of the Old Town, though not very close. However, it's cheaper than your budget, and you might want to look at other, more luxurious Accor hotels, for example, Mercure Nice Centre, which is very close to the centre and has vacancies for the nights you want, at €345 for the four nights:

tinyurl.com/ccaq2dx

Parking might be an issue, if you arrive by car - you may have to use (and pay for) a public car park.

I've always been happy to stay with this hotel chain, especially the low-cost places.

Last edited by: FocalPoint on Mon 4 Feb 13 at 13:14
Thanks for that, we've found the Accor Hotels very reliable too, but I was thinking about something a bit more individual.

Parking not a problem, we're flying in.
 Hotel in Nice? - Meldrew
I know people think it is a bit unreliable but you could do worse than at least look at Trip Advisor
 Hotel in Nice? - Gromit
Logis de France is worth a look if you want an individual place, but bear in mind my 'quirky' might be your 'shabby', so you have to try to read between the lines in the reviews.
 Hotel in Nice? - legacylad
Stayed at Hotel La Perouse. Close to the old town, in an elevated position at the eastern end of the prom. I remember a roof top jacuzzi where we would while away the evening hours with a decent bottle or two from the local supermarche.
I think we got it through Priceline, which i have used for several years now. If you want to take a punt, put in what standard of hotel you want, the area, and it will show you the gross price. Quite exciting really, with fabulous deals if you book just before. Far better than Late Rooms IMHO.
 Hotel in Nice? - legacylad
Just checked and we did not book La Perouse by getting lucky through Priceline.
Expedia had a 3 night deal. Worth every penny and more.
 Hotel in Nice? - Roger.
This is more like it!

www.accorhotels.com/gb/hotel-2494-formule-1-hotelf1-nice-villeneuve-loubet/index.shtml
 Hotel in Nice? - neiltoo
Stayed at Hotel Suisse, next door to La Perouse in April 2008

A little cheaper, but very nice.

Wonderful view along the Baie des Anges
Thanks for the suggestions - I'm suffering from too much choice at the moment, so I might wait a bit and try the priceline/laterooms option!
Latest Forum Posts