Non-motoring > Basil Brush branded child abuser Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Zero Replies: 79

Basil Brush branded child abuser - Zero
www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-21406854
 Basil Brush branded child abuser - Bromptonaut
The fox is reported to have entered the house via a back door which was not closed because the family were waiting for the Council to repair it.

The rest of us do these jobs for ourselves.
 Basil Brush branded child abuser - -
Bit of a game though to have to lock yourselves IN to protect the innocent from vermin, both 2 and 4 legged varieties, nothing changes.
 Basil Brush branded child abuser - VxFan
>> were waiting for the Council to repair it. The rest of us do these jobs for ourselves.

Depends on the tenancy agreement. Some don't allow the tenant to do any maintenance on the property. If I were to follow my tenancy agreement to the letter, then I shouldn't even change a blown light bulb or flourencent tube. It's down to the landlord to sort it out.
 Basil Brush branded child abuser - Haywain
"Some don't allow the tenant to do any maintenance on the property."

I'd have probably propped a chair against the door - but then it might depend who was paying the heating bills.........
 Basil Brush branded child abuser - Mapmaker
>> The fox is reported to have entered the house via a back door which was
>> not closed because the family were waiting for the Council to repair it.
>>
>> The rest of us do these jobs for ourselves.

The rest of us don't damage our landlord's (or our own) property.

Hands up anybody who has ever lived in a house where it has been 'not possible to close a door' and they have just left it open (in the middle of winter).

Basil Brush branded child abuser - CGNorwich
"Hands up anybody who has ever lived in a house where it has been 'not possible to close a door' and they have just left it open (in the middle of winter)."

Good point. I wonder whether this family owned a dog?
 Basil Brush branded child abuser - Pat
Well, of course, a pit bull at least...and they's be on benefits and never worked a day in their life.
The door would have got broken in a drunken brawl and we should hang them all at dawn and take the child into care.

Whatever happened to giving people the benefit of the doubt?

Bad things do befall so call 'respectable' families as well.

What a judgmental lot you are.

I'm going to flounce, my furry friends are so much nicer to be with.

Pat

>> I'm going to flounce, my furry friends are so much nicer to be with.
>>
>> Pat

dont make good babysitters tho do they....
 Basil Brush branded child abuser - madf
'm going to flounce, my furry friends are so much nicer to be with.

I am sure they are.. especially when cooked...

:-)
Last edited by: madf on Mon 11 Feb 13 at 18:46
not by Pat, please. Roadkill Tartare & salad is the best she can do,
tinyurl.com/c7ldplo
 Basil Brush branded child abuser - No FM2R
>>What a judgmental lot you are.

Prior to this;

1 person implied they should have fixed it for themselves.
1 person implied the damage was their fault or that they could have fixed it themselves

1 person defended them for not fixing it
2 others made comments not relevant.

You then inferred thoughts containing pit bull, benefits, not working, drunken brawl, hang at dawn and take into care.

And that you wrote that people are judgmental.

Q.E.D. would seem a strangely apropos comment.
I think most on here 'got' what I was referring to Mark, but hey ho maybe I shouldn't pass an opinion.

It may offend those who are sensitive.

Pat
Last edited by: pda on Thu 14 Feb 13 at 17:52
>>I think most on here 'got' what I was referring to Mark,

Most people may have done, i did not.

You said "you lot...."

Which lot?

What judgement?

>>but hey ho maybe I shouldn't pass an opinion.

Are you both criticizing me for having an opinion and defending your own rights to have one in one sentence?

>>It may offend those who are sensitive.

That shiny thing is a mirror.
Last edited by: No FM2R on Thu 14 Feb 13 at 20:08
Mark
Have you ever counted the question marks in your posts?

We’re not a bunch of school children sitting on the naughty step
More to the point, we’re not your employees or your subordinates.

I am your equal on here, as is Stu, AC, Alanovic and all the others you have tried to brow beat into scoring points from.

The list is endless..

Some have gone never to return, others like us, refuse to be bullied on an internet forum by someone who thinks we should bow to their own superior and judgemental attitude.

When we don’t, you resort to sarcasm and personal insults.

Why can’t you just enjoy this forum for what it is?

In doing so, you’d find it’s a great place to spend some time to relax and enjoy a virtual pint among like minded friends.

“Courage is fire, and bullying is smoke.” – Benjamin Disraeli

Pat
>>Have you ever counted the question marks in your posts?

Ever tried counting the answers in one of yours?

>>Why can’t you just enjoy this forum for what it is?

I do.

Stop campaigning for it to be something else.

>refuse to be bullied

Oh do get over yourself. If someone puts an opinion in here, it is there to be argued with. As are mine.

And bullying? Oh please. Stop with the dramatic.
>> And bullying?

Mark, it might be just down to your assertive manner, but it does sometimes come across that way.
Dave,

If someone makes a statement such as "you lot are all judgmental" why should they believe that can't be commented on or challenged?

If someone makes a big, definite statement, why can't that be argued with?

Take this thread for example;

Pat said that people were being judgmental.

I showed that I felt she was reacting to only two comments and that as far as I can see the only comment that is judgmental is hers.

She reacts to that with some sarky comment about maybe she shouldn't pass an opinion, and off it goes.

And then she comes back with a pile of crap from a position of self-appointed moral guardian and protector of the weak blah blah bullying blah blah patronizing blah blah.

Her right to say it, my right to think its sanctimonious crap.

As you well know, I feel no need for approval. So popular approval, or the lack of it, is not relevant to me. Gangs don't bother me.

Whilst I may sometimes be wrong, I never opine unless I believe myself to be correct and can back it up. would that all were capable of the same.

As I have been rightly reminded in the past, it is a discussion forum where all views should exist.

Not real life or a popularity contest.
>> As I have been rightly reminded in the past, it is a discussion forum where all views should exist.

As well as being written in a polite and friendly manner; not an agressive or hostile way that rubs people up the wrong way.

I was trying to convey that to you in my previous reply, but it obviously didn't register.
>>As well as being written in a polite and friendly manner; not an agressive or hostile way that rubs people up the wrong way.

So, for example, calling someone a "cock" would be wrong and you would delete it?

Just for me to understand.
 Basil Brush branded child abuser - Dog
Don't make a meal of it Martin - life is too short.
Fair enough Doug.
Not going to rise to it, so put the carrot away please.
Certainly. Bend over.....
Sorry, but I'm not that way inclined.
 Basil Brush branded child abuser - Skip

>>
>> Good point. I wonder whether this family owned a dog?
>>

I was wondering that
For the quick to condemn above in this thread, the parents have just been interviewed on GMTV.

What a surprise, they are perfectly normal, no tats, no shell suits or piercings.

The door had been repaired by the council because it was not closing properly...the father closed the door as he had always been used to and it didn't 'catch ' on the latch but he didn't realise this.

The couple are now facing a hate campaign on Facebook accusing them of having a dog that savaged the baby and many other things.

Mainly by people who know no better........I

I expected those of us on here NOT to be in that group.

Hang your head in shame mapmaker.

Pat
I've not been following this thread but I have had a read of it now after your post Pat, and I wonder why you bother with some of the onanists on here.
Because....I've been wrongly labelled in my past life, and I know how hurtful it can be when you can't defend yourself to narrow minded people.

Pat
Oh I dont know, I dont think yu can deny being a bit Foxy......

And now I am off to hereford, you wont find me there.
I am in the bunch of carrots in Mudiford with a pint of Sharps DoomBar in my fist
Waiting for my mixed grill

It's perfectly possible and feasible for street wise urban foxes to push open doors
They have little fear of humans, indeed a fox has stolen my trainers from my conservatory in the past. A new born is fair game just like a large chicken would be
A 10 pound chicken? It's all possible, just unlikely.
 Basil Brush branded child abuser - Manatee
>>I am in the bunch of carrots in Mudiford with a pint of Sharps DoomBar in my fist
Waiting for my mixed grill

Very near where we were in January. If the mixed grill doesn't turn up, The Moon at Mordiford about a mile to your east is very good too.
 Basil Brush branded child abuser - Alanovich
>> Sharps DoomBar

Seems to be a pretty ubiquitous bitter in pubs across the country these days. It's nothing hugely special, how have they managed to to achieve such massive awareness and such a seemingly huge spread of customers? I've never seen the stuff marketed, for instance. Very impressive for a small company from a rural backwater.
Sharps -

Owned by Molson Coors who bought it in 2011 and have tripled capacity to 200,000 barrels a year. Now travels with their distribution presumably.
I am driving so I needed something pretty harmless and at 4% it fitted the bill
>> I am driving so I needed something pretty harmless and at 4% it fitted the
>> bill

So long as you aren't riding a bike :-)

I quite like it, sometimes it appears in our Fuller's local. In fact until I checked I assumed Fuller's had bought it. I don't like Fuller's beer much, but a couple of pints of their Black Cab stout on Monday was very nice.
 Basil Brush branded child abuser - Alanovich
>> Sharps -
>>
>> Owned by Molson Coors who bought it in 2011 and have tripled capacity to 200,000
>> barrels a year. Now travels with their distribution presumably.
>>

That would explain it.
 Basil Brush branded child abuser - Duncan
>> I am in the bunch of carrots in Mudiford with a pint of Sharps DoomBar
>> in my fist
>> Waiting for my mixed grill

If you have to wait too long, try this place.

Link.

tinyurl.com/bh9o39z
 Basil Brush branded child abuser - Armel Coussine
>> I am in the bunch of carrots in Mudiford with a pint of Sharps DoomBar in my fist

Why do I keep thinking 'Old Speckled Hen'? There must be a reason. I wonder if Zero has a red coat and hunting crop to go with those shiny boots?
I'm not sure that anyone here was conducting a hate campaign, just speculating on an incident in the news as do a good number of posts on this forum.

For my own part I must admit that I continue to have my doubts to the accuracy of this story as reported. A fox is supposed to have pushed open a door climbed the stairs, attacked a one month old baby presumably weighing around 10 pounds and dragged it out of its cot.

If that is true it represents a huge change in the behaviour and strength of foxes. In my opinion it comes into the category of theoretically possible but hugely unlikely.

And the lack of body piercings and a shell suit is not necessarily a guide to the accuracy of someone's story.
>> The couple are now facing a hate campaign on Facebook accusing them of having a
>> dog that savaged the baby and many other things.

Most probably from townies who still think foxes are cute and cuddly after watching programmes like Animal Hospital and the like.
Meanwhile us country bumpkins know they're not.
 Basil Brush branded child abuser - Cliff Pope
Surely DNA tests have been done to establish what kind of animal was responsible?

They don't just start culling wild animals based on an unevidenced theory - do they?
The only bit I'm curious/sceptical about is the apparent deflection of blame onto the Council becuase of the unrepaired door.

I understand the child was downstairs at the time. A near newborn weighing only 10lb would I guess be possible 'prey' for a scavenging fox.

The parents are not publicity shy, last night's Standard reported the father seeking a meeting with BoJo to deamnd a cull.

A cull will of course be completely useless as it simply opens a new territory for incoming or newly adult replacements.
They are neither cute and cuddly nor are they evil and vicious killers. They are wild animals best left to their own devices. A fascinating creature to study though.
>>. A fascinating creature to study though.<<

Not as much as people though.

On the one hand you deride what is written in newspapers and on the other you believe it and make judgements on it.

Perhaps we should be laying the blame at the door of the local council bin collections and asking if fortnightly collections are the reason for the increase in urban foxes.

Pat
 Basil Brush branded child abuser - henry k
>>Perhaps we should be laying the blame at the door of the local council bin collections and asking if fortnightly collections are the reason for the increase in urban foxes.
>>
I would have expected that with the change over from black sacks to bins there was less food to be accessed at homes.

We certainly have lots of foxes in my area. I sometimes see one asleep on my shed roof. Cleaning up my lawn is another chore and a "sign" of them having been around
I regularly see them wandering the streetsin the evening and they certainly do not bolt at the sight of a car.
"Perhaps we should be laying the blame at the door of the local council bin collections and asking if fortnightly collections are the reason for the increase in urban foxes."

I doubt it. At least as long as the rubbish is securely placed in a wheely bin.

They are quite happy to scavenge through plastic bags though and the sheer volume of fast food simply thrown away on the streets is a good source of food. Far easier than hunting rabbits or birds as they have to do in the country. That combined with areas of undisturbed land such as overgrown gardens and wasteland where they raise raise their cubs is making the town a far more desirable habitat for foxes than the countryside with its highly industrialised agriculture that is destroying so much natural habitat. Even the chickens are in vast sheds these days so no chance of an easy lunch there!

If you don't interfere with them the chances of suffering any harm from a fox must to all intents and purposes be nearly zero. It would be instructive to know how many authenticated cases there are of foxes attacking children compared with injuries received from cats dogs and other domesticated pets.
>> If you don't interfere with them the chances of suffering any harm from a fox
>> must to all intents and purposes be nearly zero. It would be instructive to know
>> how many authenticated cases there are of foxes attacking children compared with injuries received from
>> cats dogs and other domesticated pets.

IIRC there have been two or three incidents in last 5 years or so where foxes have either entered property or bitten children outside in prams. I suspect cats, never mind dogs, cause far more injury.

[tic]And of course if we were serious about threats to chldren we'd be culling motor vehicles[/tic]

Oddly, although we're surrounded by open country and foxes crossing the road are a common sight in the lanes I've never seen one in the village.

Probably better pickings from fast food thrown from cars into hedge bottom then from scraps outwith the villagers' wheely bins.
Last edited by: Bromptonaut on Thu 14 Feb 13 at 12:43

>> They are quite happy to scavenge through plastic bags though
>>

I've just had this marvellous idea - why don't we use metal rubbish bins with lids?

They could be made of thin galvanised steel, ribbed for strength and lightness, with two handles for carrying and tipping into a bin lorry.
 Basil Brush branded child abuser - Cockle
->> I've just had this marvellous idea - why don't we use metal rubbish bins with
>> lids?
>>
>> They could be made of thin galvanised steel, ribbed for strength and lightness, with two
>> handles for carrying and tipping into a bin lorry.
>>

Come now, Cliff, you're just being silly now, something like that would never work ;-)

Next you'll be coming up with the idea of policemen walking the streets after dark to curtail the ASBO merchants.........
We dont have bags here, everything is in secure bins, the fox population has doubled here in 4 years.
 Basil Brush branded child abuser - Robin O'Reliant
>> We dont have bags here, everything is in secure bins, the fox population has doubled
>> here in 4 years.
>>

Thanks to the well meaning idiots who feed them.
"Thanks to the well meaning idiots who feed them."

Partly that may be the case but as I said there are a number of factors that make the town such a desirable place to live if you are a fox. Much the same thing applies for other species. Gulls for example have largely forsaken their traditional seaside home for the city and rubbish dump.
>>Gulls for example have largely forsaken their traditional seaside home for the city and rubbish dump.
>>
I am told that at our newly refurbished tip they employ a hawk so I guess the gulls will fly off to the next borough. :-)
I Like the idea of a refurbished tip. :-)

It would have to be a pretty large and brave hawk I would think to see off most gulls.
 Basil Brush branded child abuser - Duncan
>> I Like the idea of a refurbished tip. :-)

If henry is referring to the Leatherhead tip, it now looks very pretty!
This is surrey, the centre of upmarket civilisation. We dont have a tip, its a medieval midden and is listed as an ancient monument so refurbishment is a no no.
>> >> I Like the idea of a refurbished tip. :-)
>>
>> If henry is referring to the Leatherhead tip, it now looks very pretty!
>>
Yes and I am planning a visit to inspect the new facilities.
jogger, 17, attacked by fox

tinyurl.com/dx9t4hj - Daily Wail
Hmmmmmm.

You know what. I don't believe it.

Neither do I.
It "sank its teeth into her leg" but apparently only caused a scratch.
>> Hmmmmmm.
>>
>> You know what. I don't believe it.
>>
>>
>>

It was dark, it scratched her leg.

Must have been a bramble.

Let's cull all brambles.
>> Hmmmmmm.
>>
>> You know what. I don't believe it.

probably not true

BUT

I have had to face down an agressive fox (big un too, bout the size of my lab but the brush makes them seem bigger) in my drive. It was making teeth at me, and i am not sure what it might have done had I not been bigger and all in all much more aggressive. Scared the doo dah out of my aussie visitor.

We only have to see what dingos will, can and have done to know how foxes can get or are approaching.
At the end of last year, about say October/November, I was walking with my dog through a wooded area nearby and I was attacked from behind by a Muddyfox - cull em I say!
Yeah, damn middle age born agin mountin bikers.
 Basil Brush branded child abuser - Runfer D'Hills
Some of us aren't born again. Some of us never grew up in the first place...

:-)
 Basil Brush branded child abuser - Haywain
As always, the latest edition of 'Private Eye' prints material to make you stop and think, or seethe, about the daftness of this country. Number Crunching this week comes up with:

4 fox attacks on children reported in last 10 years, leading to call for cull of foxes.

6,000 dog attacks on children requiring hospital treatment each year, not leading to call for cull of dogs.
 Basil Brush branded child abuser - Roger.
I would support a cull of dogs!
>> I would support a cull of dogs!
>>

Chinese restaurants are reputed to do it all the time...

Curried chicken = curried dog

Mixed meat of the day = dog and horse

Chef's special Meat Recipe = dog and horse and hedgehog
>> I would support a cull of dogs!

Is that UKIP policy?
 Basil Brush branded child abuser - Dutchie
Leave litter and rubbish out and it will attract Foxes and Rats.

We cause the problem not the Fox.Maybe the culling of a few of the human species would help Roger child molesters rapist to name a few.
>> Leave litter and rubbish out and it will attract Foxes and Rats.
>>
>> We cause the problem not the Fox.Maybe the culling of a few of the human
>> species would help Roger child molesters rapist to name a few.
>>

I could not support a cull of Roger...
 Basil Brush branded child abuser - Dutchie
Roger is ok just different.>;)
 Basil Brush branded child abuser - Armel Coussine
>> ok just different.>;)

As opposed to the rest of us who are all the same you mean? That's a relief. We don't want people calling us 'special' do we?
>> >> Leave litter and rubbish out and it will attract Foxes and Rats.
>> >>
>> >> We cause the problem not the Fox.Maybe the culling of a few of the
>> human
>> >> species would help Roger child molesters rapist to name a few.
>> >>
>>
>> I could not support a cull of Roger...
>

Neither would i want to Roger a child molester.
I thought that Bromp, but thought it would be extremely unladylike for me to say so;)

Pat
 Basil Brush branded child abuser - Roger.
>> >> I would support a cull of dogs!
>>
>> Is that UKIP policy?
>>
Don't be silly!
was that a "don't be silly - of course it is" or "don't be silly of course its not"
Latest Forum Posts