Non-motoring > Americas Poor Kids Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Stuu Replies: 7

Americas Poor Kids - Stuu
Well worth a watch if you havent seen it, some wise words from the young contributors. Certainly need to see stuff like that to put your own life in perspective.

www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b01r6jm8/This_World_Americas_Poor_Kids/
 Americas Poor Kids - mikeyb
Just watched it.

Think these programes are a good way to remind ourselves how one of the richest nations on the planet has some of the poorest citizens.

Quite saddening to see children so young having to cope with so much and be so grown up about things. Childhood is for being a child and not having to worry about the things that will burden us later in life.
I felt quite privileged that I get to heat my veggies from a tin up before I eat them.

We are in 'fuel poverty' apparently, but in the grand scheme of things we are doing ok - sometimes you need the clarity of a 10 year old kid to remind you.

I thought the lad saying how one missed payment can be all it takes was spot on as was the analogy about life being a maze.
 Americas Poor Kids - Westpig
>> I felt quite privileged that I get to heat my veggies from a tin up
>> before I eat them.
>>
>> We are in 'fuel poverty' apparently, but in the grand scheme of things we are
>> doing ok - sometimes you need the clarity of a 10 year old kid to
>> remind you.

I've missed the point...is it more fuel efficient to heat them in the tin, rather than a pan?
 Americas Poor Kids - Zero

>> I've missed the point...is it more fuel efficient to heat them in the tin, rather
>> than a pan?

you eat them cold from the tin.
 Americas Poor Kids - Dog
Perhaps if Amerika stops spending $billions on killing children, women, and men in the Middle East,
and stops giving $billions to the Zionist state of USrael, it would be able to do more to help its own people.
Democrats love a good war though Dog - Blair is calling for more of them even now.
 Americas Poor Kids - Dog
Dubya didn't do too bad either ISTR, and he's A Republican = two cheeks of the same backside.

Same in blighty with Labour and the Cons ... we the people have a choice to vote for something different at the next general election, with UKIP, as did the US with someone like Ron Paul.

I don't hold out much hope though TBH, because 'the system' is corrupt, and biased towards those with their hands on the dosh.
Last edited by: Dog on Thu 7 Mar 13 at 11:44
Latest Forum Posts