Non-motoring > Enforcement of fixed penalties Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Falkirk Bairn Replies: 6

Enforcement of fixed penalties - Falkirk Bairn
Is this taking the Michael?

www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-21714160

From the age of the car it appears it is not the poor that try to avoid paying their fines!

Effective follow up for non payment is long overdue as apparently over 50% of fixed and court fines go unpaid until further action is taken!

the swear filter is there for a reason. Please refrain from using #?$ type characters to evade it
Last edited by: VxFan on Fri 8 Mar 13 at 11:46
 Enforcement of fixed penalties - diddy1234
maybe it was an ex MP's wife taking the wrap.
 Enforcement of fixed penalties - swiss tony
Actually you can get that model of Merc very cheaply now...

tinyurl.com/d88kpr2
 Enforcement of fixed penalties - Manatee

>> Effective follow up for non payment is long overdue as apparently over 50% of fixed
>> and court fines go unpaid until further action is taken!

Incredible. Presumably they can't get past the perceived unfairness of an FPN (most of them are I should think) and see that their first loss will be the least one if they don't deal with it. No wonder democracy doesn't work properly.

"...most people would sooner die than think". That Russell bloke knew a thing or two.
 Enforcement of fixed penalties - Ian (Cape Town)
In this instance, considering the miscreant's original crime, I'm sure FB's use of the phrase was intentional.

stop being such a pedant, VX - damn jobsworth!
:)
 Enforcement of fixed penalties - No FM2R
>>From the age of the car it appears it is not the poor that try to avoid paying their fines!

I don't think it ever has been.

Low-life, state-scrounging gits (who do try to avoid their fines) are not necessarily the poor.

The poor are not inherently lowlifes, they are simply poor. Anymore than the rich are inherently good, they are simply rich.

Scum-bag-iness is not related to money, its related to attitude.
 Enforcement of fixed penalties - Bromptonaut
>> >>From the age of the car it appears it is not the poor that try
>> to avoid paying their fines!
>>
>> I don't think it ever has been.
>>
>> Low-life, state-scrounging gits (who do try to avoid their fines) are not necessarily the poor.
>>
>> The poor are not inherently lowlifes, they are simply poor. Anymore than the rich are
>> inherently good, they are simply rich.
>>
>> Scum-bag-iness is not related to money, its related to attitude.

Top post Mark.
Latest Forum Posts