Non-motoring > Quote of the week Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Armel Coussine Replies: 10

Quote of the week - Armel Coussine

'On the video you could see Mr Jones humping the Pope but he was just messing around,' said one pupil. 'He is the best teacher in the school.' (Daily Telegraph news item, Friday 8 March)

Tee hee of course. But what is the world coming to?
 Quote of the week - bathtub tom
If you believed recent press reports you'd get the impression that religion's predilection was for younger victims.

;>)
 Quote of the week - madf
If you believed the press, the Duchess of York knows she is expecting a daughter, snow in March is so rare as to be newsworthy and 6C ambient will kill half the population with cold and footballers are more important than anyone else in the world...

and that's only the Daily Telegraph....
>> that religion's predilection

There was no indication that the school, in Monmouthshire, is a Catholic one. I would guess not. The Harlem Shake in an RE class? Sounds more like Southern Baptist to me.

What I was wondering was if Mr Jones (who has been suspended and was unavailable for comment) is thought 'the best teacher in the school', what on earth could the others be like?
 Quote of the week - Fenlander
30sec video taken by pupil and uploaded to Youtube apparently... now removed by Youtube.

Perhaps I'm old and uncool but I hate this modern obsession with snatching images and videos of everything then uploading to a social media site. Stupid, funny & embarrasing things will always happen and are often best left a memory not a recorded and exploited event.

Two teen daughters in this house of course who of course know our thoughts but are probably just as bad as the rest when away from us.

I've even caught a 16yr old female friend of the daughters going through our family photo album copying images of my daughter as a toddler "for a laugh". Made her delete them.

BTW Harlem Shake/Pope humping amusing and harmless. Teachers in my day never humped the Pope.
Last edited by: Fenlander on Sun 10 Mar 13 at 09:41
>> BTW Harlem Shake/Pope humping amusing and harmless.

Harlem Shake no problem, but Pope humping by a teacher in front of a class isn't 'harmless'. Not a very big deal of course, but as a precept for children or adolescents it is baleful and deeply vulgar.

Of course a lot of teachers are more or less children themselves. But that's no excuse. Mr Jones - if his behaviour was as represented in a somewhat sketchy story - deserves to have his bum kicked to concentrate his mind.
 Quote of the week - Cliff Pope
It's only the Pope of course, so being a Catholic he's fair game for any amount of ignorant and childish abuse.
Just imagine the furore if Mr Jones had been poking fun at a Moslem.
He should be struck off for bringing his profession into disrepute.
 Quote of the week - Roger.

>> Just imagine the furore if Mr Jones had been poking fun at a Moslem.

That's because we are, in the UK, seriously frightened of militant Islam.
Time to grow a backbone and stand up to so-called "religious" threats.
>> we are, in the UK, seriously frightened of militant Islam.

No Roger. But we do fear and despise half-witted or psychotic terrorists whose only connection with Islam is that they say they are Muslims, and who need to be captured and imprisoned or simply killed.

The term 'militant' used for such creatures is pure, whinging PC flattery. They are mad dogs.
 Quote of the week - bathtub tom
>> that religion's predilection

>>There was no indication that the school, in Monmouthshire, is a Catholic one.

I thought my comment was deliberately ambiguous in not referring to a specific branch of God-worrying. I was quite pleased with the wording.
Nevertheless you managed to mislead me with that 'that'. Even we ex-Catholics have been rubbed a bit raw by all the tabloid finger-pointing.

Anyway, most people's sexual predilections lean, in fantasy at least, towards the younger 'victim', although not the underage one.
Latest Forum Posts