Non-motoring > Changing departure airport Miscellaneous
Thread Author: legacylad Replies: 4

Changing departure airport - legacylad
A month ago I booked a late season ski trip departing Bham. Austrian Airlines have now cancelled the flight and the new departure airport is Mter.
The flight times are far more unsociable, and the 'ski broker' i have used to book the package seems not to be bothered. The young person I spoke to could not say whether i was within my rights to cancel the package, have a full refund, then book another deal from the airport of my choosing. Trying to speak to a supervisor was impossible. Grrr.
Does anyone know if I have any rights, or recompense, for the inconvenience? Thanks.
 Changing departure airport - rtj70
Not sure what your rights are but is this a flight only booking or as part of a package?

I know flights for package holidays can and do change. But that's usually timing and not actual airport.

The fact I type only Mter instead of Manchester I assume you are very annoyed. But maybe in the morning be a little calmer on the phone with the 'ski broker'? Are they protected? Thinking ATOL, ABTA etc. I assume you have some protection otherwise would have booked independently.
Last edited by: rtj70 on Sun 24 Mar 13 at 23:53
 Changing departure airport - legacylad
I booked the complete package...flight, accommodation, lift pass, ski hire. Paid in full. Specifically from Birmingham because of both outbound/inbound flight times.
If I had wanted to fly from Manchester, and get up at silly oclock to return home I would have done so.
Flight time alterations I can accept. But changing departure airports, without so much as a by your leave...maybe if a refund is not in order then I could at least ask for free use of a exec type lounge for the inconvenience.
 Changing departure airport - rtj70
But was it a package by a tour operator? So you have ABTA and ATOL protection etc?

I can see flight times can and do change from an airport (not happy when it happens) but your holiday in terms of a package is no longer being offered.

Or was this a package anyone could put together including any individual without protections?

To be honest, asking this question on a forum like Trip Advisor might be a good idea.
 Changing departure airport - R.P.

tinyurl.com/c4madz8

From the CAB - give their consumer line a ring if you need further info. 08454 04 05 06.
Last edited by: R.P. on Mon 25 Mar 13 at 07:23
Latest Forum Posts