Non-motoring > Hot with you, is it? Legal Questions
Thread Author: Iffy Replies: 42

Hot with you, is it? - Iffy
Phew - it's been a scorcher at the caravan in leafy North Yorkshire.

Bit too hot, actually - haven't felt like doing much all day.

Just starting to cool down now, so I'll get the grass cut in the next hour or so.

Has the weather been hot with you?

And what have you been doing in the heat?

Hot with you, is it? - R.P.
Radio 1 Big Weekend few miles down the road - sadly no R4 Tent so went off down the coast to avoid the crowds - down to the lake with the dog later for him to have a much appreciated swim. Really lazy now.
 Hot with you, is it? - Ian (Cape Town)
A belting 27C today. and predicted for tomorrow. and it's supposedly our winter time...

I watched all the Blackpool supporters at Wembley - difficult to tell where the orange shirts finished and the sunburn started!

Hot with you, is it? - Runfer D'Hills
Great isn't it ? Just had a steak off the barbecue and one will be orf to one's club in a while for a swim and a pint of freshly squeezed OJ with bits in.........
 Hot with you, is it? - spamcan61
+26 is Stockholm this afternoon, went to Ikea for my regular meatballs for Saturday lunch, pretty much had the place to myself, usually 20 mins. queue at least. Everyone gone to sit in the sun methinks. Got a bit sunburnt on the walking back, I didn't bother packing a sunhat.
 Hot with you, is it? - Stuu
Been pottering in the garden, bit of pruning some frost damaged bits and giving my young hedge some water as its looking a little thirsty. Car has been in the garage all day and hopefully wont be out till Tues.
Tomorrow the misses and I are getting a few climbers to dot about the garden.
 Hot with you, is it? - lancara
2030h and still 28.3C - have to turn on the irrigation
Grass cut - the new Bosch rechargeable does a good job of the little patch outside the 'van.

Overcast now and I just felt a couple of drops of rain.

Time to open a World Cup branded tin of beer and watch the Champions' League final.

Bayern or Inter - anyone care who wins?

Me neither.
 Hot with you, is it? - mikeyb
Got up early(ish) aso and rushed to our local open air pool - The council tried to close it last year, but after much publicity it was handed over to a local trust to run. They are making a far better job of it than the council ever did plus then managed to wangle a 200K facelift from a TV show. It needs local support to survive and its good to see on a nice day like this its full with a queue outside.

OH working from 5pm til 2pm tomorrow so quick bbq in the garden this pm. 3 eldest kids now sat drawing dragons in the kitchen (although i am woried thats its quiet) and the youngest is keeping me company on the sofa.

Think a walk to the marina in the morning
 Hot with you, is it? - Zero
Just got back from the new forest, spent the day with friends camping down there (roundhill site). Lovely and hot.

Few jams on the M3 /M27 on the way down. Horses tramped through pitch, mucho BBQ food
and 6 bottles of cold beer from the coolbox and drive home.....

Dont worry, it was becks blue, the only non alchoholic beer worth drinking.
 Hot with you, is it? - mikeyb

>>
>> Dont worry, it was becks blue, the only non alchoholic beer worth drinking.
>>

Tried a night on Kaliber once - dont know what chemical cocktail was in the bottle, but I felt worse the next day than I woudl have done with a hangover!
 Hot with you, is it? - Runfer D'Hills
I find alcohol free beer gives me terrible wind. Rather have orange juice.
 Hot with you, is it? - Alanovich
>> Dont worry, it was becks blue, the only non alchoholic beer worth drinking.
>>

Bitburger Drive is the best in my humble - if you can find it. Not as malty as Becks Blue.
>> Bayern or Inter - anyone care who wins?
>>
>> Me neither.

Got back to see the last 20 minutes, In HD. Its my first TV game in HD, and the quality was pretty good, bodes well for the world cup.
 Hot with you, is it? - Auntie Lockbrakes
20 degrees and cloudless in NZ yesterday, ice creams on the beach. Tropical depression moving in today with gales and up to 10cm of rain forecast.... Hmmm, changeable here eh?
 Hot with you, is it? - Pat
Hot and a cloudless sky all day in the Fen but not humid so it was pleasant.
In the garden all day putting hanging baskets up and then swapping them round until they were all in the right place.
Had to move off the patio to the shade of the Laburnum tree in full bloom, but back on the patio for a BBQ in the evening.

Mr pda is T-total by choice and has been for years but loves his alcohol free beer and would agree with you Z:)

Pat
 Hot with you, is it? - Bigtee
At work all day saturday in the baking sun under trains phew hot hot!

Sunday same damn thing Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh.........

Tuesday off it will snow then.
 Hot with you, is it? - Hard Cheese

27 degC here yesterday and it is building already again today.

I noticed it was the same in Helsinki, I was there 8 weeks ago and it was -15.

Cooled down nicely overnight and looks like it will be warm/hot again today.

Taking into account wildlife activity and new growth in the garden and elsewhere, this is one of the best times of the year.
 Hot with you, is it? - BiggerBadderDave
Baking hot weekend in Warsaw which makes the flooding all the more bizarre. My fave restaurant is under water, so is my son's nursery school. It was touch and go for a while, we're only a mile from the river which came within 20cm of breaching the walls that were built in 2001. That's a rise of 7.8 metres over the weekend and a couple of metres higher than the natural river banks so without the walls, i'd be posting this from an inflatable dingy.
 Hot with you, is it? - Dog
Hot, hot, hot.
We watched a film last night called "The Road" www.imdb.com/title/tt0898367/
which is a post-apocalyptic tale of a man and his son trying to survive by any means possible.
Lady Dog said it was the most disturbingly depressing film she'd ever seen.
I'm a fan of Apocalypticism and have been since the original survivors series in the 70's
I enjoyed Apocalypto with Mel Gibson so much that I recorded it so I can watch it again and again.
The message that I get from these types of films (especially The Road) is that there is always hope for mankind, whatever nature or nukes may dish out.
 Hot with you, is it? - Fursty Ferret
Just got in from Corsica. It's warmer in Manchester.
 Hot with you, is it? - BobbyG
Roasting here in sunny Lanarkshire. My garden is a building site due to ongoing extension works so I don't feel guilty about not being out cutting grass etc.

Had a bbq last night whilst diving in and out watching the Champions League Final. And also lit the chiminea. Have told the builders to keep all wood ends etc for me for the chim so plenty to burn!

My Aldi thermometer thingy is telling me that its currently 34 degrees outside, well where the outside sensor is anyway which at this time is in direct sunlight!

I am not a great fan of the heat if the truth be told, this is about as hot as I like it, in fact probably a bit too hot for me. I was going to do a few hours on the bike this afternoon but I just couldn't raise the energy levels enough!
"And also lit the chiminea. Have told the builders to keep all wood ends etc for me for the chim so plenty to burn!"

This won't end well for you Bobby.
 Hot with you, is it? - BobbyG
Ha ha, I knew I should have got a sprinkler system installed at the same time!
...in fact probably a bit too hot for me...

Same here in the North East.

I want to wash the car, but the paintwork is still hot to the touch, so I know I'll make a streaky mess if I start now.

Trouble is, I want to get on with it.

Maybe do the wheels first and see if it's cooled a bit by then.

It stayed a confortable 27c in the shade here, (according to my lidle weather station)

Just scoffed some home made BBQd chicken kebabs, follwed by strawbs and cream and 'er and me just consumed a nice bottle of chilled white, Time for some ice cold limoncello.
...some home made BBQd chicken kebabs...

Used to get some nice kebabs from one or two of the many kebab shops in London.

Some of those places were really grotty, but others were of a good standard.

I remember one in Turnham Green Terrace, Chiswick, which was spotlessly clean.

The meat, preparation and cooking was every bit as good as you could do in the house.

"Some of those places were really grotty, but others were of a good standard"

I do enjoy a grotty kebab even though I'm normally very particular about what crap I put in my body. The best one I've ever had was up in Walthamstow on Palmerston Road and I always make a beeline for it when I'm over
"and 'er and me just consumed a nice bottle of chilled white"

Sounds like you might get lucky tonight...
>> "and 'er and me just consumed a nice bottle of chilled white"
>>
>> Sounds like you might get lucky tonight...

find a spare m&m down the side of the sofa you mean?
>> Just got in from Corsica. It's warmer in Manchester.

so is the beer.
 Hot with you, is it? - RattleandSmoke
Been way with my mates on a very short notice trip in my mates Panda to St Annes. Lovely lovely weather.

Spent today in Blackpool where there is far too many reminders that made me wish I was a southerner!

All I can say about Blackpool is it makes Rhyl look posh.

Another observation the Fiat Panda is a very comfortable car even in the back :). Next time it may have to be my Panda which takes the trip.
 Hot with you, is it? - -
>> Been way with my mates on a very short notice trip in my mates Panda
>> to St Annes. Lovely lovely weather.

And...forgetting the Panda for a while was the leching still up to standard..;)
I wouldn't know, I didn't have time to get upto that sort of thing!
...I wouldn't know, I didn't have time to get upto that sort of thing...

Rattle,

It is written that one of the things young lads do at the seaside is ogle the young lasses.

What else is there to do?

But when you go with your best mate, his girlfriend and her sister we have to be well behaved :) The pub we were in even closed at midnight so we had to go back to the B&B then.

I am usualy in nightclubs on a saturday night anyway leeching so its a nice grown up change to be in a pensioners town full of pensioners :). I was out on Friday night in Manchester too dancing it up.

I actually don't like all this lads larking about stuff, I may be old before my time but still have fun!

rattle, your mates girlfriends sister is fair game, only out of bounds if she is under 18.
She is getting onto twice 18 :). Well 30 to be exact. And I am not going down that route.

I basicaly have a double live, the mature live where I work stick to the speed limits and go to pensioner resorts, the other live where I am in clubs every weekend acting like an 18 year old.
 Hot with you, is it? - -
I may be old before
>> my time but still have fun!

Every red blooded bloke i know will agree with this...when you stop enjoying ogling the lovely ladies then it's time to order the box.

hmm..mate's girlfriends sister though..;)
 Hot with you, is it? - Auntie Lockbrakes
"I am usualy in nightclubs on a saturday night anyway leeching"

Am surprised they let you in! Pesky things leeches.
 Hot with you, is it? - R.P.

so is the beer

Zero it's meant to be.
Its not actually.
Latest Forum Posts