Non-motoring > The Mind Boggles... Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Robin O'Reliant Replies: 5

The Mind Boggles... - Robin O'Reliant
www.irishcentral.com/news/news_from_ireland/Woman-in-sumo-wrestler-suit-assaults-ex-girlfriend-after-waving-at-man-dressed-as-Snickers-bar-97262439.html
 The Mind Boggles... - Meldrew
The relationship ended in March 2007. 6 years is a long time to bear a grudge, even for a woman!
 The Mind Boggles... - Cliff Pope
Some stories are just so bizare, the people so stupid, it always seems a shame when it all has to descend to reality with a bump in the form of a real fine.

The judge who recently fined himself for contempt of court after accidentally setting off his mobile phone in court had real humour.
 The Mind Boggles... - Stuu
It makes one realise what a blessing a simple personal life is.

I have never understood the drive to hold grudges some people have, it seems so toxic to let something consume you like that.
 The Mind Boggles... - Cliff Pope
>> It makes one realise what a blessing a simple personal life is.
>>

What a lovely thought, FoR, I shall treasure that.

It's reminiscent of the alleged comment of a woman watching Sarah Bernhardt's performance in Antony and Cleopatra:
"How different, how very different, from the home life of our own dear Queen!"
 The Mind Boggles... - Bromptonaut
>> "How different, how very different, from the home life of our own dear Queen!"

Those words went on to be the title of one of Alex Glasgow's ditties. Basically it commentary on working class life in the North East with the 'How diffferent' line at the end of each verse.

Like a lot of AG's stuff it combined funny punchy lyrics with a catchy and expertly performed tune

I'll see if it's on You Tube..

EDIT

Indeed it is:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnJpG66wkO8
Last edited by: Bromptonaut on Wed 17 Apr 13 at 14:02
Latest Forum Posts