Non-motoring > Free Dyson filters Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Crankcase Replies: 9

Free Dyson filters - Crankcase
Dead Dyson. Old Dc02. Really not going to fix it, it's going to the tip tomorrow.

The accessories fit the replacement machine, which is nice.

There are two brand new filters. They were put in, it was turned on for less than a minute, then it died again. Seems a shame to chuck filters in the bin.

Long shot, but if anyone here wants them, let me know and I'll post them on, no charge of course. Otherwise, bin it is.

I know the issue with the machine is probably the thermal cut out or whatever, don't care. Tip for it.

Free Dyson filters - No FM2R
Perhaps whatever is your local version of FreeCycle.

My experience is that virtually everything gets picked up and serves a purpose.
 Free Dyson filters - Crankcase
I'd remembered wrongly that the filters were quite expensive, but just discovered you can get a set for a fiver. So not really very exciting.

Unless you're one of those on here who could eat for a week on that, apparently, and still have enough change for a trip round the world.

Offer stands, unlikely though it is, until bin day, which is Wednesday.

Freecycle is not worth it in my view, tried a few times and you get messages saying they'll pick up and they don't, and you end up with emails and phone calls and other things that don't allow one to be languid enough for my taste. Thanks for the thought though.
 Free Dyson filters - No FM2R
I've tried Freecycle and mostly done ok.

Mind you, I tend to do the "Its outside the backdoor and if its still there tomorrow its going to the tip, pick it up or not as you wish, hard luck if someone else gets there first".
 Free Dyson filters - Mapmaker
>>Mind you, I tend to do the "Its outside the backdoor and if its still there tomorrow its going
>>to the tip, pick it up or not as you wish, hard luck if someone else gets there first".

Me too. It's a bit like selling a second-hand car. First to turn up with the cash gets it; focusses the mind, really.
 Free Dyson filters - Robin O'Reliant
>> I'd remembered wrongly that the filters were quite expensive, but just discovered you can get a set for a fiver. So not really very exciting.
>>

>>
Put them on ebay with a reserve of £19.99, the site does seem to attract it's share of mugs.
 Free Dyson filters - bathtub tom
I use Freegle and Freecycle. The advantage of Freegle is you can search for whoever's asking for what you're offering to see if they've offered stuff before. I find those that have offered are more likely to collect, although it's not infallible. If someone asks for something and doesn't collect, their email address gets blocked.

My list of blocked email addresses is getting quite long!
 Free Dyson filters - Stuartli
>>...the site does seem to attract its share of mugs.>>

Are you included then..? :-) :-)
 Free Dyson filters - DP
>>...the site does seem to attract its share of mugs.>>

Based on my experience, the seller would claim non-receipt / damaged / not as described, eBay and PayPal would side with them whatever evidence you produced to the contrary, and you'd lose the item, listing fee, and the eBay and PayPal's commission.

Unless the buyer is paying cash on collection, and therefore can't argue or dispute, it can be cheaper to take something down the garden and burn it than sell it on eBay.
 Free Dyson filters - Fenlander
I think I remember you telling a sorry tale a while back DP which will alter how you see it.

I've always been broadly supportive of Ebay but now have more involvement as it is one of three places I use to sell my "things", the other two being a normal auction then the direct person to person stuff with no fees at all.

Following trying a new venture over the past 8wks I've sold just over £2,500 of items on Ebay over 55 listings (very variable prices). One Bulgarian tried to buy against my no shipping outside UK policy but I cancelled that sale in under 24hrs with a refund of fees. Then there was a guy who read far more into my description than the actual words said so I ended up sending a £15 goodwill refund to keep him cheery. But that's the extent of the issues, nothing really.

At about 50% of conventional auction fees, with the huge marketplace and easy management of the selling process it's the most effective outlet for me so far.
Latest Forum Posts