Non-motoring > Baroness Thatcher - Volume 6 Miscellaneous
Thread Author: VxFan Replies: 15

Baroness Thatcher - Volume 6 - VxFan

Continuing debate
  Baroness Thatcher - Volume 5 - Bromptonaut
And then there was her foreign policy:

johnpilger.com/articles/dance-on-thatcher-s-grave-but-remember-there-has-been-a-coup-in-britain
  Baroness Thatcher - Volume 5 - Armel Coussine
I remember that coup stuff, people saying Mrs T had become a dictator and so on. Of course any PM would love it, but so far so bad from their point of view. Damn parliament keeps getting in the way.

Once I was a bit of a low-rent Pilger myself, but that was ages ago. Nevertheless the ghastly fellow isn't always wrong. It's a lot more relaxing to read it on screen than listen to the man's lugubrious droning... almost as bad as a Wickes TV ad.
  Baroness Thatcher - Volume 5 - commerdriver
Bromp, for goodness sake leave it, producing one sided articles like this with half truths and individual cases which have equally horrific tales the other way in most cases, about conflicts long ago and far away proves nothing.

You very proudly assured me about a million threas ago that you learned about both sides of politics in the 70s. Look at the 80s and at both sides of the conflicts from this article.
I am not even going to try to discuss this piece bit by bit because it is typical of Pilgers articles it just ignores the exisence of any othe view and ignores inhumanities from anywhere on the left.

Stop stirring
Last edited by: commerdriver on Sat 27 Apr 13 at 18:59
  Baroness Thatcher - Volume 5 - Londoner
>> Bromp, for goodness sake leave it, producing one sided articles like this with half truths
>> and individual cases which have equally horrific tales the other way in most cases, about
>> conflicts long ago and far away proves nothing.
>>
"half truths". i.e. in your case, "Uncomfortable facts which you do not agree with."

>> I am not even going to try to discuss this piece bit by bit because
... because you don't know how to on the same level.

>> it is typical of Pilgers articles it just ignores the exisence of any othe view
>> and ignores inhumanities from anywhere on the left.
>>
Left-wing regimes have been responsible for many horrible and despicable actions which I wholeheartedly condemn. This does not in any way invalidate criticism of the right from anyone labelled as a left-winger.
Last edited by: Londoner on Sat 27 Apr 13 at 21:43
  Baroness Thatcher - Volume 5 - commerdriver
>> "half truths". i.e. in your case, "Uncomfortable facts which you do not agree with."
no, bits that tell the truth but not the whole truth I am uncomfortable with any unnecessary suffering but lets not pretend it's always 1 side or even as stated in the article one person's fault

>> ... because you don't know how to on the same level.
no because I can't be bothered
>> >> it is typical of Pilgers articles it just ignores the existence of any other
>> view
>> >> and ignores inhumanities from anywhere on the left.
>> >>
>> Left-wing regimes have been responsible for many horrible and despicable actions which I wholeheartedly condemn.
>> This does not in any way invalidate criticism of the right from anyone labelled as
>> a left-winger.

never said it did, I would just like to see a balanced view on some occasions, I hate the one sided view from the right as much as from the left, lets not pretend that what was said in Pilgers article was balanced nor is it balanced to defend it on the basis it is anything other than one sided. I fully accept that it contained truths just not even close to the whole truth.
  Baroness Thatcher - Volume 5 - No FM2R
>>"half truths". i.e. in your case, "Uncomfortable facts which you do not agree with.

i.e. in this case, "things I agree with that you've disagreed with"
>> >>"half truths". i.e. in your case, "Uncomfortable facts which you do not agree with.
>>
>> i.e. in this case, "things I agree with that you've disagreed with"
>>
Not quite, No FM2R! (what DOES your name mean, BTW?).

They were uncomfortable facts that I do not like facing up to since I would like to feel that, even in a ruthless and macchiavellian world, my country goes no further than it absolutely needs to in furthering it's Foreign Policy.
>>Not quite, No FM2R! (what DOES your name mean, BTW?).

I can tell you, but you'll be disappointed. Are you sure you want to know?
>> >>Not quite, No FM2R! (what DOES your name mean, BTW?).
>>
>> I can tell you, but you'll be disappointed. Are you sure you want to know?
>>
On second thoughts, no. You have a good point. You are much more interesting and thought-provoking as a Man of Mystery! :-)
Ah! Good! I see that I have gotten a gong from someone.

Given the prevailing spirit in political discussions on this forum, I rather regard that as a badge of honour! ;-)
  Baroness Thatcher - Volume 5 - Zero

>> Given the prevailing spirit in political discussions on this forum, I rather regard that as
>> a badge of honour! ;-)

I wouldn't, they were given to you by a right winger. Badge of shame really You need to offend your own cause for a real badge of honour.
>>I wouldn't, they were given to you by a right winger

That's right winger spelled "complete dick".

I mean obviously you are wrong (for which I forgive you), but you what on earth could be taken as offence is beyond me.
Thinking about that, the frowny face is supposed to be for offensive stuff. (I think).

And frowny faces seem to be somewhat ridiculously awarded given that hurdle.

So;

1) are people using it simply as an "I disagree" button?
2) If so, shouldn't it be re-titled more appropriately?
  Baroness Thatcher - Volume 5 - Armel Coussine
>> So;

1) are people using it simply as an "I disagree" button?
2) If so, shouldn't it be re-titled more appropriately?

Who gives a toss really? They are anonymous comment, pro or con. Even people without the gift of the gab want their feelings to be known on some level. Some of them award gongs.
Exactly. AC!
Who really knows anything on this forum? We are all just shooting the breeze.

Of course there are a few on here who are foolish enough to take themselves too seriously, but we all know who they are, don't we? ;-)
Latest Forum Posts