Non-motoring > Adding a video to my website Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Dave Replies: 2

Adding a video to my website - Dave
I want to add a short video to my website - ca. 45 seconds long. I notice that most websites with video just link to youtube, and don't actually host the video themselves.

So is it better to post it on youtube and then add the link, or just include it in my website as I do with pictures etc?
 Adding a video to my website - Zero
>> I want to add a short video to my website - ca. 45 seconds long.
>> I notice that most websites with video just link to youtube, and don't actually host
>> the video themselves.
>>
>> So is it better to post it on youtube and then add the link, or
>> just include it in my website as I do with pictures etc?

The beauty of hosting it on youtube is that you have another massive audience parallel source of promoting your web site You can add lots of essential meta tags into your youtube vid. The opening scene from your youtube vid will appear in your video window on your web page if you use the correct html command.

My youtube channel has had 166,000 hits for example. You also need to run a parallel facebook page, there are lots of sporting dog based facebook users. Youtube and facebook can be linked.
Last edited by: Zero on Tue 7 May 13 at 19:11
 Adding a video to my website - Dave
Ok, that makes sense. I'll have a look at the web software to see if it does any of that for me.

Edit: Just checked the software and it does it all for me. Click the button, enter the youtube link, and place it on the page.
Last edited by: Dave on Wed 8 May 13 at 15:32
Latest Forum Posts