Non-motoring > Wheres RP gone? Miscellaneous
Thread Author: BobbyG Replies: 25

Wheres RP gone? - BobbyG
Our esteemed mod seems to have disappeared? Is he still on the road with that new van he was getting???
 Wheres RP gone? - Pat
I've missed him too and wondered where he's got to.

Pat
 Golf_Paul - Pat
I've been wondering if I should post this or not for a couple of days but I will do anyway.

Golf_Paul, who used to post here and on HJ quite a lot until the last couple of years, died from a heart attack last week while on holiday in Portugal.

I met Paul at a PDF Training day some 5 years ago and he became a great friend and supporter of the charity joining us in all of our fundraising events.

I think ON, Rattle, FP and Bathtub Tommy will have met him as well.

A link to his last thread
www.car4play.com/forum/post/index.htm?t=7487&m=166211&v=e

A great friend, made through this forum and sadly missed.

Pat
Last edited by: pda on Sat 11 May 13 at 06:55
 Golf_Paul - Dave_
RIP Golf_Paul. I fundraised with him on the PDA TruckFest stand a couple of years ago - as others have said, he was a nice fellow.

A good analogy of the forum as boozer there by Humph. These days I do most of my browsing on my smartphone, where C4P doesn't display too well. My PC is getting a bit long in the tooth now with its 10-minute startup time, so the opportunity to catch up on the day's threads and maybe knock out a couple of quick posts before bedtime is no longer there.

It'll be this next: bit.ly/ymO7du
 Wheres RP gone? - Skip
>> I've missed him too and wondered where he's got to.
>>
>> Pat
>>

I noticed last week that he had gone "missing". I hope that everything is ok.
 Wheres RP gone? - Old Navy
I certainly remember Golf_Paul who I met at the PDF training day, it is sad to hear of the passing of any acquaintance.

I also hope RP is OK, most of us disappear for a while occasionally, usually not for anything serious.
 Wheres RP gone? - Dog
Focus(less) hasn't been near nor by since March 19th

devonite has been AWOL since 17th Dec :(

Wheres RP gone? - mikeyb
By my reckoning there must be less than 20 of us who actually post with any degree of regularity

How sustainable is this forum?
 Wheres RP gone? - Dog
>>How sustainable is this forum?

:-((
 Wheres RP gone? - RattleandSmoke
Very sad to hear about Golf Paul I remember he was a very polite man and he couldn't have been that old :(

I really do hope RP is ok. Some of the other members who have disappeared may have just bored, there are plenty of forums I no longer visit. RP is a bit different though I just hope everything is ok with him and his family.
 Wheres RP gone? - Dog
I'm sure I recall Pugugly saying he was going orf to Arizona but, he hasn't visited the forum since 14th April.
 Wheres RP gone? - CGNorwich
"How sustainable is this forum?"

Membership could decline to Zero
 Wheres RP gone? - Zero
>> "How sustainable is this forum?"
>>
>> Membership could decline to Zero

Told you I would rule the world.
 Wheres RP gone? - sherlock47
>> "How sustainable is this forum?"
>>
>> Membership could decline to Zero
>>

Don't feed his delusions of grandeur!

TOO LATE :)
Last edited by: pmh on Sat 11 May 13 at 17:30
 Wheres RP gone? - WillDeBeest
Membership could decline to Zero.

Then at last he'd have an empty room to start a fight in.
 Wheres RP gone? - Runfer D'Hills
Yeah, it has all gone a bit like the snug in a declining boozer. The grumpy old git who's always on the same stool at the bar spouting off to anyone who'll listen and spoiling for an argument with anyone who comes in range, the disinterested barman who's hardly ever there and when he is he just sits in a corner reading the paper, the same old bunch of regulars who are comfortable just to have much the same conversation every night and still can't agree who's right and frankly never will. The token Leftie who isn't really and his sparring partner the old geezer who's actually politically right of Genghis Khan but sees himself as a liberal and a few hardened drinkers who come in every night in the hope the party will finally start but of course it never does...The way it it all goes quiet when strangers pop in or the reaction when they have the audacity to ask a question which was last discussed in October but of course they should have known that...

But then like the slightly careworn bar, they'd ( we'd ) all miss it if it shut.

:-)
 Wheres RP gone? - Armel Coussine
>> like the slightly careworn bar, they'd ( we'd ) all miss it if it shut.

Humph, although you are the nicest of men - a Buddhist by local standards, and I don't mean a militant Burmese or Sri Lankan one - that description is strangely worrying. I do hope I'm not the old geezer well to the right of Genghis Khan (although come to think of it young Khan was a bit indulgent with the troops in the matters of rape, pillage, not washing and being stoned on fermented mare's milk. Far too heady a brew for the rank and file, hmmmm? A pint of decent 1% kvass a day, that's what they are entitled to in a properly organized marauding horde... But these all-time political geniuses just won't listen. I was lucky to escape with my ears when I mentioned these issues once in some celeb's yurt...).

Surely RP would have mentioned it if he was bowing out?
 Wheres RP gone? - Westpig
>> that description is strangely
>> worrying. I do hope I'm not the old geezer well to the right of Genghis
>> Khan

I think there'll be a few of us worrying about that one AC.
 Wheres RP gone? - devonite
devonite has been AWOL since 17th Dec :(

Fear not Doggles! - me been popping in most days to keep an eye on you! - not posted for a while tho, cos my typing hand got broke when I dropped a sleeper on in at the allotment! - Tis betterish now but a bit stiff! - normal carp will gradually be resumed!!
 Wheres RP gone? - madf
Welcome back.

Hope it's not your drinking hand..
 Wheres RP gone? - Robin O'Reliant

>>
>> Hope it's not your drinking hand..
>>

Typo, madf...?
 Wheres RP gone? - Dog
Good to hear you're still drawing breath ike, I was beginning to wonder if ya'll had gorn upstairs.

^_^
 Wheres RP gone? - R.P.
I'm fine thanks ! Didn't realise it had been so long - been busy with new job and other stuff - back from my hols since last Monday been in a state of jet lag induced tiredness since....should be back to normal. Driving my new Office to Birmingham on Monday - 6.00am start to get the Tech set up. Probably a long day...:-)
 Wheres RP gone? - BobbyG
Rob where were you on holiday? Someone saying Arizona?
Heading there myself this summer so any pointers would be welcome.
 Wheres RP gone? - R.P.
Yep - flew into LA - then toured Monterey, Carmel, San Francisco, Sonoma Valley, Yosemite, Utah - Bryce Canyon, Grand Canyon, Las Vegas and back to LA - an exhausting trip which included 2 long haul flights and 9 shorter flights - some excellent hotels and a really bad one (IMHO) will give a full rundown shortly.
Last edited by: R.P. on Sat 11 May 13 at 19:32
 Wheres RP gone? - MD
Glad you're OK and not KO.
Latest Forum Posts