Non-motoring > The kettle that looks like Hitler Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Crankcase Replies: 11

The kettle that looks like Hitler - Crankcase
For your edification and general amusement, or not, depending on your overall state of sour-pussery.

business.time.com/2013/05/29/jcpenneys-hitler-tea-kettle-sells-out-online/

The kettle that looks like Hitler - Dog
I cee'd that kettle the other day Cc and thought it would look grrreat in the cottage kitchen.

I even did a search on it and although I found some JCPenney's kettles, I couldn't find the Adulphus jobbie (88)
 The kettle that looks like Hitler - Armel Coussine
Not a good likeness. That house a few months ago was a better one.

The kettle looks more like Basil Fawlty.
Charlie Chaplin, of East End Jewish extraction and very left-wing, reckoned Hitler had 'stolen' his moustache.
 The kettle that looks like Hitler - Dog
Charlie Chaplin was born in sowf east lunden Sire, East Street, S.E.17 according to Wiki, although there is no official record of his birth.

"Charles Spencer Chaplin was born on 16 April 1889 to Hannah Chaplin (née Hill)"

Where d'you get the idea he was "of Jewish extraction"?
Can't remember Perro, but I certainly got it from somewhere. At least one parent I think, perhaps a grandparent which would be stretching it a bit thin.
 The kettle that looks like Hitler - R.P.
Very funny that ! Looks like a war-time cartoon of Herr Hitler I saw somehwere. Nazi tendancies apart it look a really cack handed design, especially that whistle thing on the nose - horrible thing..
 The kettle that looks like Hitler - rtj70
I can't help thinking the vague similarities are indeed deliberate. Otherwise it's a naff design.

As for the whistle thing... a lot of Americans boil their kettle on the hob. So need a whistle to know when it's boiling. Backward country if you ask me.
 The kettle that looks like Hitler - No FM2R
thingsthatlooklikehitler.com/
 The kettle that looks like Hitler - CGNorwich
" a lot of Americans boil their kettle on the hob. So need a whistle to know when it's boiling. Backward country if you ask me."

Americans do have electric kettles but they are normally smaller than in Europe and not all that popular.

I understand that this is mainly due to the electricity supply. they have a 120 V system which even allowing for a slightly higher amperage over there than in the UK means that boiling water in an electric kettle takes nearly twice as long as in the USA compared to the UK.

The kettle that looks like Hitler - Cliff Pope
Here perhaps?

jewishquarterly.org/2010/11/charlie-chaplin-jewish-or-goyish/

The Hitler definition of jewish was having one jewish grandfather.
Ben Gurion once that "anyone who is mad enough to want to be jewish is jewish enough for me".
Heh heh... well blow me down. No really firm conclusion reached though I see.

Perhaps he came on Jewish to help his career in the early film industry, run very largely by Jews.
Latest Forum Posts