Non-motoring > House Prices Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Duncan Replies: 7

House Prices - Duncan
There are various websites that list prices of properties entered at the Land Registry. Not all property sales appear on the lists.

Is there a reason why this is so?

www.houseprices.co.uk/

Since you ask; yes, I am the nosey neighbour.
 House Prices - L'escargot
Prices are not available from Land Registry for properties bought/sold before April 2000.
www.landregistry.gov.uk/wps/portal/Property_Search
Last edited by: L'escargot on Wed 26 May 10 at 09:31
 House Prices - teabelly
And some types of sale are also excluded like repossessions. They don't appear either.
 House Prices - Netsur
I use the Land Registry data every day for professional reasons. A small but significant proportion of the data is simply incorrect. There are examples of: -

Misdiscription of property (semi - when it is detached or terraced)

Prices wrong - clearly one too many zeros or one too few

Prices wrong again - where a deal is for two or more properties, the global price will go against all the units in the sale, so a small house is alleged to have sold for several hundred thousand pounds.

Some sales I know personally to have completed are missing altogether. There are some arcane legal reasons why this could be, but usually it is simply operator error.

House Prices - Iffy
...one too many zeros...

They're not the only one with that problem. :)
 House Prices - helicopter
LOL......
 House Prices - L'escargot
I'm saying nothing!
 House Prices - Zero
>> ...one too many zeros...
>>
>> They're not the only one with that problem. :)

I hope you are doomed to spend the rest of your days stuck at the Knutsford services.

As I am clearly not appreciated hereabouts, I shall take my wit, wisdom and good nature elsewhere for the appreciation of those who deserve it.

Good night.
Latest Forum Posts