Non-motoring > Weather...make your mind up Miscellaneous
Thread Author: legacylad Replies: 8

Weather...make your mind up - legacylad
Painting outside this am in warm hat & sweatshirt. Max temp today a miserable 13 degrees, with the addition of rain from lunchtime, torrential at times. This weekend we are promised a mini heat wave!
The first week in August I plan a weeks backpack along the SWCP, heading East from Plymouth. Do I take the all season Hilleberg Akto at 1.7Kg or the minimalist tarp tent at .95Kg.? A decision will doubtless be made an hour before the train leaves. Don't you just love the British weather.
 Weather...make your mind up - MD
The heavy one.
 Weather...make your mind up - Zero
Phone numbers of guest houses along the way is all you need.
 Weather...make your mind up - Runfer D'Hills
Pubs which do rooms better still...
 Weather...make your mind up - PhilW
Google "pubs on SWCP" !! ;-)
Sorry to disappoint but pubs are out on this trip. I have already walked the entire SWCP in recent years, and was surprised at how much the cost of beer was. Sometimes over £3 a pint!
A good excuse to fill the lungs with sea air and lose the best part of half a stone. And I prefer being under canvas...20 mile a day tires me out and I can sleep like a log.
 Weather...make your mind up - Duncan
>> Google "pubs on SWCP" !! ;-)
>>

This is a good place to start. Both for food and drink.

tinyurl.com/oxcus7b

A lot less than £3 a pint!
Last edited by: Duncan on Wed 3 Jul 13 at 06:24
 Weather...make your mind up - R.P.
You tease !
Thanks Duncan
After a 7 hour+ train journey down on Sunday we could make an exception. And I have plenty of 50p off a pint vouchers for Wetherspoons courtesy of Camra. Then we will go dry turkey!
Latest Forum Posts