Non-motoring > One of lifes enduring mysteries.....? Miscellaneous
Thread Author: sherlock47 Replies: 7

One of lifes enduring mysteries.....? - sherlock47
How do melon pips get into the arms of the dishwasher?

The screens are intact so the pips somehow get past that and are then pumped by the high pressure pump.

Some get stuck in the outlet holes, so they are easy to remove with tweezers, but the ones that are loose in the arms are almost impossible to remove until they finally get stuck in the holes.

Anybody got good ideas on how to get the remainder out of the sealed arms?

If I could find secure sealing plugs I could drill an inspection hatch in the arm, or more drastically cut a hole and then glue a patch?

Does anybody make arms that split?

Old Bosch - very simple mechanical programmer, the previous owner gave it to me when his kitchen was refitted with new super concealed units. He is now on his 2nd replacement:)

One of lifes enduring mysteries.....? - Zero
probably his pips. He got rid cos the filter was crap.
Last edited by: Zero on Fri 26 Jul 13 at 08:25
 One of lifes enduring mysteries.....? - Crankcase
We have an old Bosch too, the counter top model. A couple of weeks ago I was cleaning it all out and discovered the arms do split on mine. A couple of clips is all.
 One of lifes enduring mysteries.....? - sherlock47
>>discovered the arms do split on mine. A couple of clips is all. <<

obviously mine is the 'improved version' :(
 One of lifes enduring mysteries.....? - Cliff Pope
Remove the "blade" as is called, I was told, and fill it with water under a running tap. Then quickly turn it upside down so that the large hole is at the bottom, and let as much water as possible pour out. Repeat several times, then test by letting the water run continuously into the blade and see whether anything still gets stuck in the holes.
 One of lifes enduring mysteries.....? - Robin O'Reliant
A pair of Marigolds for the other half is the cheaper option.
 One of lifes enduring mysteries.....? - TeeCee
Hmm, the arms don't split on my Siemens (and most of the parts are interchangeable with Bosch products).
What does happen is that the spigot on the lower arm wot fits into the oojah at the bottom can be unclipped from the arm itself (square bit that wraps around the arm slightly, clip at each corner), revealing a large hole that make it easy to swill out.

The upper arm is retained with a mount that goes through the arm and bayonets on with a knurled knob. Taking the upper arm off leaves a big hole right through it when the clamp bit's removed.
 One of lifes enduring mysteries.....? - Cliff Pope
That's what I said - remove the arms and swill them out.
Things like pips and rice can be stubborn, so you have to check carefully that they aren't still lurking inside.
Latest Forum Posts