Non-motoring > South Devon coast. Decent pubs Miscellaneous
Thread Author: legacylad Replies: 11

South Devon coast. Decent pubs - legacylad
Walking East from Plymouth for 6 days, train home from Exeter, does anyone have recommendations for beer on the coast? We have flexible options. Camp when we feel like it. A few beers at night as the sun sets is good. Camp sites with a view even better.
 South Devon coast. Decent pubs - ....
Given your response in the New Books thread why would you trust anything written here ?

We're not your mates apparently !
 South Devon coast. Decent pubs - Zero
On a honda trail bike maybe, the "6 days walking" bit sounds a little less delightful.
 South Devon coast. Decent pubs - sherlock47
If you are doing it in peak season I would miss out the Brixham Paignton Torquay bits! Not sure that you will find any 'decent' pubs in that stretch and a bit urban.

I can recommend The Castle in Holcombe village (between Teignmouth and Dawlish). Not more than a few hundred yards off route and good for food lunch/evening although not the cheapest.

A good Indian at Naz in Teignmouth. www.nazindiancuisineteignmouth.co.uk/
Last edited by: pmh on Sat 3 Aug 13 at 10:43
 South Devon coast. Decent pubs - sherlock47
castleinnholcombe.co.uk/

Regular visitor to both when visting my father.
 South Devon coast. Decent pubs - Westpig
Don't risk the Pilchard Inn on Burgh Island. Take a look at the Trip Advisor reviews.

Shame, it's in a wonderful spot.

tinyurl.com/mgbq73j
 South Devon coast. Decent pubs - Zero
I love the place, but the food has always been rubbish. Had a huge row with some bloke on Burgh Island once because fifi wasn't on a lead, but walking very nicely to heel. He had eff all to do with the island just some jobsworth tourist.
 South Devon coast. Decent pubs - devonite
A nice spot to break for lunch one the first leg, would be either the Ship, or Black Swan in Noss Mayo, or there's a nice one in Newton Ferrers that I cant think of, only 6miles by Crow or 15 miles by road from Plymouth.
 South Devon coast. Decent pubs - Westpig
>> A nice spot to break for lunch one the first leg, would be either the
>> Ship, or Black Swan in Noss Mayo, or there's a nice one in Newton Ferrers
>> that I cant think of, only 6miles by Crow or 15 miles by road from
>> Plymouth.

Ship Inn in Noss Mayo is top dollar, really good. Last went there at Christmas for a Christmas meal and it was very good.

The Swan in Noss Mayo is quaint, but haven't been there for donkeys.

The Dolphin in Newton Ferrers used to be good (just across the river), more of a pub than The Ship which is more a restaurant.
 South Devon coast. Decent pubs - Leif
Brixham pubs are either cheesy tourist traps or a bit rough with drugs. My sister took me to a nice enough pub at Bee Sands with a first rate local cider. She used to go there when young. Lovely scenery, well worth a visit. Blackpool Sands if very picture skew too.
 South Devon coast. Decent pubs - helicopter
Try this place for your last night or two , good ales , food and camping with a view...

www.turfpub.net/index.php
 South Devon coast. Decent pubs - helicopter
This place is good too -

www.anchorinncockwood.com/bar.htm

I can recommend the Fish pie ....
Latest Forum Posts