Non-motoring > A Spooky recommendation..... Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Haywain Replies: 3

A Spooky recommendation..... - Haywain
I was advised to go and see "The Spooky Men's Chorale" on Thursday evening when they came to the Apex concert hall at Bury St Edmunds. They are a 16-strong (mostly) Australian a cappella outfit; my only prior knowledge was gained from a quick glance at Youtube.

The Spooky Men are, I was assured by my choir-singing friends, 'unique' and their vocal talents are beyond question - however they were unable to satisfactorily answer my question of "what are they like?"

Now I understand why they are so difficult to describe ..... they are indeed unique. They are on tour at the moment and, if you haven't seen them yet, go book a ticket ...... you won't regret it - you'll have a splendid evening's entertainment.

Anyone else seen them?
 A Spooky recommendation..... - R.P.
Brilliant Haywain, saw them a couple of years ago at the Theatre I volunteer at. Been trying to find the Human League cover that they did online - to no avail....well worth catching if anyone see's them listed locally. They have a huge fan base - people had travelled from across the north west and beyond to see them at our place.
 A Spooky recommendation..... - Zero
Hows this?

www.youtube.com/watch?v=yEI2K7kLmp8

and this

www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Dk_A3C6KoQ&list=PLDB728DED82578B75&index=5

check out the singing spanner.
Last edited by: Zero on Sat 3 Aug 13 at 10:30
 A Spooky recommendation..... - R.P.
I was listening to some of their other stuff and YT vomited that one at me as a suggested link.

Brilliant Zero - they are a live act - vids don't do them justice.

The spanner was in the stage show btw.
Last edited by: R.P. on Sat 3 Aug 13 at 10:37
Latest Forum Posts