Non-motoring > Login Time out Miscellaneous
Thread Author: No FM2R Replies: 8

Login Time out - No FM2R
I know, we've done this before, but *why* do we have a login time out on this site?

Surely its time to lose it?
 Login Time out - Armel Coussine
The one I hate is the crude dumping of a post if the one it's answering has already been replied to, or if your deathless prose and chains of subordinate clauses have taken too long to cobble together. When what might well be three days' work is eliminated instantly by that pink ribbon, I want to garotte someone with it.
 Login Time out - Cliff Pope
I've learned from bitter experience to copy every post before sending it. Then if it decides I need to re-Login-in it's easy just to paste it back into a new reply.
 Login Time out - BiggerBadderDave
Login Time-out on this website is ok, but I always copy any long paragraphs. When I was taxing the car last week it timed-out three times. Sure I took a couple of a quick calls that caused it to time-out but it also happened when I took too long to lean over to the shelf, take the credit card out of my wallet and key in the numbers.
 Login Time out - Focusless
>> The one I hate is the crude dumping of a post if the one it's
>> answering has already been replied to

Eh?
 Login Time out - Mike Hannon
'deathless prose and chains of subordinate clauses'

Aha, so someone reads me after all!
 Login Time out - Mapmaker
I'm with No FM2R.

This is the only forum in the world (IME) to log me out automatically. And to do it after twenty minutes, it's as secure as my bank. Really, surely the timeout period can be extended. For some reason I have to type the password in each time; Chrome doesn't seem to remember it.
 Login Time out - Cliff Pope
If it's like Firefox, it's not enough just to click on "Remember this password?".
There is a deeper setting somewhere in Tools that has to be checked to enable the password-remembering function.
 Login Time out - L'escargot
>> This is the only forum in the world (IME) to log me out automatically. And
>> to do it after twenty minutes, ...........

I visit another motoring forum which only gives you ten minutes.
Latest Forum Posts