Non-motoring > ............the joke continues.................... Car Deals
Thread Author: Roger. Replies: 14

............the joke continues.................... - Roger.
Lord Prescott of Prestatyn - you couldn't make it up, could you?

www.gopetition.co.uk/online/36675.html
 ............the joke continues.................... - BiggerBadderDave
"This man is hated publicly in the UK and by ex pats around the world."

That's a bit mean and presumptuous. I don't hate him. Or anyone else for that matter.

He has great taste in cars for a start.
 ............the joke continues.................... - Stuu
I would have thought Lord ASBO of the Burger Van would have been more appropriate.
 ............the joke continues.................... - Armel Coussine
I don't like petitions. They are nearly always ineffective and there's something PITA about nearly all of them, including this one. There's something particularly mean and nasty about starting a petition to annoy and humiliate someone you don't know and know very little about, despite the blather of the media.

Prescott deserves a peerage, if only for thumping that cheeky sod who egged him. It showed he was a man of true feeling.
Last edited by: Armel Coussine on Sat 29 May 10 at 13:45
 ............the joke continues.................... - Hard Cheese

I dont think he was an effective politician so personally I dont think a peerage is appropriate however he also does not deserve a petition against him so their is no way I would sign it.

Actually I might start a petition against ill thought out, offensive and/or simply crass petitions.

............the joke continues.................... - Ted

They always scratch round for someone to elevate to the Luuurds when they leave the commons.
I, too , don't think Prezza was particularly effective as a minister but, as in Armand's comment, he went up in my estimation when he gave the egg lout a smack...it's probably on YouTube, worth another peek.
I also thought Howard and Glummer were also-rans, but they've got there too.

Floella Benjamin ??

Is there a minimum age limit for honours ? I would like to see a young local girl honoured.
'Dame Kirsty Howard' sounds good to me.
Local fundraiser for kids hospice, only expected to live a few months, I think she's not long been a teenager.
Was with Becks when HM opened the Commonwealth games here. Star quality !

Ted
 ............the joke continues.................... - Zero
I dont hate him, I love the way the old school tories used to taunt him in the westminster bars and resturants "Steward - fetch me another pink gin"

Should be Lord brawler and Lady Mutton dressed as lamb.

............the joke continues.................... - Harleyman
Bit unfair on Pauline Prescott, Zero; hasn't the poor woman suffered enough?

Prescott in ermine robes would have been a gift for Mike Yarwood; some of us are no doubt old enough to remember his wonderful lampooning of the late Vic Feather when he was ennobled.
 ............the joke continues.................... - L'escargot
I quite fancy Pauline Prescott.
 ............the joke continues.................... - Iffy
Former Labour leader John Smith had three daughters, all of whom were easy on the eye.

Last edited by: ifithelps on Sun 30 May 10 at 07:08
 ............the joke continues.................... - Baz
Lord Prescott of Prestatyn ???????.........I wonder if he's been to Prestatyn? A bit like being made Vice President of the Tea Machine really.
 ............the joke continues.................... - Harleyman
>> I quite fancy Pauline Prescott.
>>

For a woman who celebrates her golden wedding next year, she has kept remarkably well.
 ............the joke continues.................... - Buddy
"....fancying Pauline Prescott" - probably because she looks like a young (when she was gorgeous) film star Liz Taylor. As for tub of lard John, he was absolutely vital to Labour's morph into New Labour, bridging the gap between the dinosaurs and the newcomers dragging the party into the 21st Century. At last he seems to have learned to laugh at himself more, probably thanks to the shrewd Pauline's influence. He's still an oaf, but to be fair has played a blinder in making politics in the UK less dull!
 ............the joke continues.................... - Manatee
Presser was a proper politician with convictions who was cleverly sidelined by NuLab, became embittered and lost the plot for a while.

OK I made that up, but it's probably as accurate as the picture painted by the media.

I think there's probably a bit more "what you see is what you get" about Presser than some of the other oil-slicks in all three main parties, and there's no reason why he shouldn't be as god in the Lords as anyone else on general matters. Good luck to him and the doughty Pauline.
 ............the joke continues.................... - Iffy
...I think there's probably a bit more "what you see is what you get" about Presser than some of the other oil-slicks in all three main parties...

I have only met him once, but would agree.

He was very direct, to the point of being hectoring or bullying.

That style doesn't bother me, I can be just as rude and bombastic as he can, and at least you knew where you stood.

But it can be destructive, and a distraction from getting the job done.

Latest Forum Posts