Non-motoring > A little something for the weekend Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Dog Replies: 15

A little something for the weekend - Dog
www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Lop51KG1xg
 A little something for the weekend - Ted

Nice version, that, Bonzo.

I have it on CD on piano. Can't remember who the tinkler is atm.

Ted
Tis nice Teddy, I sent the piano version to my mate in Plymouth and e'e sent me that version.

I prefer the guitar version and will try to 'work it out' on one-of my guitars.
 A little something for the weekend - Dutchie
Nice music Dog ,missus likes the Doors band from the late sixties full blast no accounting for taste.>;)
 A little something for the weekend - Manatee
Like it.
 A little something for the weekend - R.P.
What guit-ars have you got Dog ? my wife seems to collect them !
We like The Doors too Dutchie come on baby light my fire, try to set the night on FIRE!

I have 4 guitars Rob, a Jap Gibby 335, a Jap Fender Stratocaster, an Ovation copy and a Fender acoustic we brought back from Tenerife.

I play the Strat 99.9% of the time - it just feels sooo right, I wouldn't mind getting hold of a Les Paul and an SG,
but 4 is enough, for now.
Mrs RP has around 5 (at my last count), all acoustic although she has taken delivery of a little Marshall amp today. 2 Taylors a 6 and 12 string, a Guild, a Loudon and a Martin...she takes it quite seriously.
I have a Korean "Vester Maniac" 2 channel efex amp which has chorus and reverb, it has a fair sized 30w RMS speaker so I could annoy a few neighbs, if we had any.
 A little something for the weekend - Haywain
"..........she has taken delivery of a little Marshall amp today. "

I'd be interested to know which one she got and how she gets on with it. Do all of the acoustics have a pick-up?

Cheers
Marshall AS50D - Both the Taylors have pick ups. She only had it yesterday, so early days yet !
 A little something for the weekend - Haywain
"Marshall AS50D"

That's a nice size physically, and it will produce plenty of volume. Jim Mullen was down at the jazz club a couple of months ago and he was playing through a 50w AER. The sound was rich, and full-on, and I asked him afterwards if he was DI'd into the p.a. - surprisingly, he wasn't - it was all coming out of that little box.
When I asked her about her amp and gave me the model details, she scuttled off to give it a turn....sounded loud to me - reckons in the manual it's good for small venues.
 A little something for the weekend - Dutchie
Diana tries to sing,scares the cat and me.>;)
but 4 is enough, for now

She'll read that and say "You can never have enough guitars" I'm the same with bikes !
 A little something for the weekend - Bromptonaut
>> but 4 is enough, for now
>>
>> She'll read that and say "You can never have enough guitars" I'm the same with
>> bikes !

N+1. It goes for pushbikes too. Looking for a Brommie for Mrs B; probably a P6R with reduced gearing. Will convert my M6 to P spec (butterfly bars) to match.

Depends on me getting redundancy rather than a redeployment posting though when my current Quango is abolished next week.
Latest Forum Posts