Non-motoring > Illegal Immigration efforts & complaints.. Miscellaneous
Thread Author: No FM2R Replies: 15

Illegal Immigration efforts & complaints.. - No FM2R
So, aside from whether or not the approach to illegal immigration is correct, these are some of the objections people have to the poster/van...

" the phrase "go home", was offensive and irresponsible."
" the claim '106 arrests last week in your area' is misleading,"
" it is misleading because it implies arrest is the automatic consequence of remaining in the UK without permission"

Is it me?
 Illegal Immigration efforts & complaints.. - R.P.
Point two is open to question according to the World at One this afternoon - I can't see how it can be deemed racist even by the most liberal minded person. It refers to people of all nationalities who may be here without a visa from Australians through Zimbabweans - Lot of fuss about nothing and a very cost effective way of rasisng a real issue. Hip (or indeed Hep) Lefties need to get over themselves about this. I'm with Mr Pickles...
Last edited by: R.P. on Fri 9 Aug 13 at 15:27
 Illegal Immigration efforts & complaints.. - Dutchie
Middle son's girlfriend is from New Zealand after two years stay in the U.K she had to go back to N.Z.She had a good job and her employers wanted to sponsor her to stay in the U.K.

Immigration said NO.After two years she was allowed back in the U.K and is employed by the same company.I wonder how many working in London are illegal immigrants.?

Lots is the answer, and a surprising number of white Anglo Saxons from the four corners of the former empire. CAB treated me to an excellent immigration course a few weeks ago, learnt an awful lot.
 Illegal Immigration efforts & complaints.. - Dutchie
Why then all the fuss if they have been here for a number of years let them stay.Driving around with a van saying go home is not going making any difference is it?

Illegal Immigration efforts & complaints.. - Zero
>> Lots is the answer, and a surprising number of white Anglo Saxons from the four
>> corners of the former empire.

Yup, in London its overstaying Aussies, Kiwis, Springboks, all working for cash in pubs and bars. Loads of Loads of oriental illegals, Gerard St is almost entirely staffed by them.

Its just like any other big bustling city anywhere in the world really.
 Illegal Immigration efforts & complaints.. - VxFan
Illegal immagrants tend to ignore (or evade) any other means of trying to send them back to where they came from, so I can't see why they're kicking up a fuss about a van telling them to go home. Sticks and stones surely?
It's the homegrown whiners who are moaning.
 Illegal Immigration efforts & complaints.. - Bromptonaut
In spite of being a plain speaking fellow Yorkshireman I'm instinctively against anything Jabba Pickles comes out with.

The issue with go home is perhaps that it's a wee bit too close to 'Blacks Go Home'?
 Illegal Immigration efforts & complaints.. - Robin O'Reliant
>>
>> The issue with go home is perhaps that it's a wee bit too close to
>> 'Blacks Go Home'?
>>

Only if you want it to mean that, Brompt. Otherwise it means what it says.
 Illegal Immigration efforts & complaints.. - madf
>> In spite of being a plain speaking fellow Yorkshireman I'm instinctively against anything Jabba Pickles
>> comes out with.
>>
>> The issue with go home is perhaps that it's a wee bit too close to
>> 'Blacks Go Home'?
>>

Which bus was that on? And in which decade?

:-)
 Illegal Immigration efforts & complaints.. - VxFan
>> It's the homegrown whiners who are moaning.

Ah! So not the people it really is pointed at then. That expains it - the do gooders of society.
Oh no, this is the excellent current fad in Britain called "offended on behalf of people who aren't offended themselves."
Last edited by: No FM2R on Sun 11 Aug 13 at 01:27
We're [not me] worried about signs on buses upsetting people , whereas in Greece....

www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-23653493
 Illegal Immigration efforts & complaints.. - Ian (Cape Town)
Don't knock it, FM2R - the Mail and Express make a good living out of it!

Tis always been the same. "They come over here and take our jobs..."
Same here - the locals wait for handouts, while many of the immigrants actually get on with earning a living.
In Cape Town central, the vast majority of street traders, selling crisps, sweeties, cooldrinks, cigarettes etc etc etc from their stalls, are Somalis.
And good luck to them.
 Illegal Immigration efforts & complaints.. - Zero
>> Oh no, this is the excellent current fad in Britain called "offended on behalf of
>> people who aren't offended themselves."

Well lets face it, those mentioned on the bus at are not going to take any notice of it, are they!

"Oh hell Ahmed, there is the immigrants go home bus passing, we best pack right now and leave"

it is of course a huge publicity stunt and vote getter aimed at all the legal inhabitants of the borough. And a pretty crude one at that.
Latest Forum Posts