Non-motoring > Copying Contacts From Nokia to iPhone Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Duncan Replies: 4

Copying Contacts From Nokia to iPhone - Duncan
I have at long last stumbled, mumbling and muttering, into the 21st century.

I have bought an iPhone 5 to replace my aging Nokia 6303c. My question is, can I copy my contacts from the Nokia to the iPhone without out having to enter them all by hand?

I have tried searching on Google without success. Any (relatively) simple ideas, please?
 Copying Contacts From Nokia to iPhone - Zero
using a google search the first hit i got was

Download and install Nokia Suite for your PC. After installation, go to "tools" in the top menu and click on "options". The Options window should open up. on the left side select "contacts" and then under "sync with contacts application", select "Windows Contacts". After this click on "ok".

Connect your Nokia to the computer with Nokia Suite still open. Your phone will show up in the application. Move mouse cursor over the contacts square on the left of the application window, and then click "sync". Wait for the sync to finish. Disconnect the Nokia phone.

Download and install iTunes. Connect your iphone. from this application you will be given an option to import contacts from Windows contacts. This should give you all the contacts.
Last edited by: Zero on Fri 9 Aug 13 at 18:13
Yes, I found that and tried it. All seemed to go well until the final paragraph "you will be given an option..."

I wasn't given an option and I tried several times.
 Copying Contacts From Nokia to iPhone - Zero
Another google search brings up...

To configure iTunes to sync contacts to your iphone:
Open iTunes.
Connect your iPhone and wait for it to appear in the iTunes Source pane.
In the Source pane under Devices select your iPhone. This displays the iPhone's Preferences.
Click Info.

Select the "Sync Contacts from..." checkbox.
From the menu, choose the program (Outlook or Windows Contacts) that contains the contacts you want to sync with your iPhone.
Click Apply.

Thank you Z.

After a lot of fiddling and what I thought were failed attempts, I realised, that my contacts had arrived on my phone.

You're not all bad.
Latest Forum Posts