Non-motoring > An update on things Miscellaneous
Thread Author: RattleandSmoke Replies: 6

An update on things - RattleandSmoke
Been a pretty mad month so not have chance to get much sorted regarding anything. I have now moved out of my office and have built a small workhop at home. Last month I was very busy and not I am currently saving a fortune on fuel and rent. Since getting rid of the office my weekly mileage has dropped around 70-80 miles.

I know a lot here will know what a CCNA is, but for those that don't it is the industry standard computer networking qualification.

I am still very confused about the way forward but I have decided to get my CCNA certification and then take it from there. I have a college open day to attend next week and once I get my CCNA (if I do) at least I have something more specific to help me apply for jobs.

I am still considering going into adult teaching and the CCNA will help, one of my friends who is a lecturer reckons once I have the PGDE it will be easy to get a lecturing job but the more things I can teach the much more chance I have, so a CCNA will help with this too, but if I decide not to go down that route the CCNA will help me get basic IT support jobs too.

My mate has started teaching at a new college but he says once he has settled in I should be able to deliver a couple of lectures at the college since I am already legally qualified to teach in a college.

I could teach myself the CNNA but since I have never even used a Cisco device in my life I would prefer to do it at a college, at least for the first module and then maybe I will have the confidence to teach myself the rest of the course.

An update on things - Roger.
A positive outlook here, Rattle - good for you and the very best of luck. :-)
 An update on things - Dutchie
You will be a good teacher Rattle,you can teach me a thing or two.>:)
 An update on things - Meldrew
Go for it Rattle! I spent a lot of my worki teaching/instructing and I found it very rewarding. I am retired but I still spend 2 days a week at my village school, helping children with their reading, and at a local visitor attraction talking to the guests. For me is a nice thing to meet and help people and keep my "skills" up to date!
Last edited by: Meldrew on Tue 13 Aug 13 at 15:56
 An update on things - Zero
Good start, always lots of network support jobs going.
 An update on things - R.P.
A couple of post-grads I know have gone into NVQ assessment work. Both have IT degrees and will be able to earn a teaching certificate of sorts as they do this work.
 An update on things - Mr. Ecs
ZZZzzzz
Latest Forum Posts