Non-motoring > Rooney off to...? Miscellaneous
Thread Author: rtj70 Replies: 19

Rooney off to...? - rtj70
So if Rooney has bought a house in London ('allegedly') and packed the house in Wilmslow... what are the odds of him and family staying at Manchester United?
 Rooney off to...? - Zero
He was seen at a very exclusive golf club down this way a few weeks back. He needs a slap and someone to tell him he is slow, fat, unfit and worth roger all to any club.
Last edited by: Zero on Wed 14 Aug 13 at 23:54
 Rooney off to...? - Ian (Cape Town)
He sells lots of shirts.

When I read the title, I was hoping the answer was going to be ... prison.

Rooney off to...? - legacylad
More probably the bank

And so starts another football season.....people crawling out of the woodwork to watch it on the big screen in my local, wearing their stupid footie shirts in the pub, drinking lager when there is a range of decent ale and jumping off their bar stools, fists pumping the air when someone scores. And that's just the women.

At least I can avoid it by sitting in the beer garden with my chums.

Oh no, their kids are racing round on scooters. And its raining. Moan moan.
 Rooney off to...? - R.P.
Do they have to iron them over a wok to achieve that shape ?
 Rooney off to...? - Robin O'Reliant
More power to Man U standing firm and telling potato head he has a contract and he is going to stick to it, ditto Liverpool with Dracula. I really hope both clubs hold out.
 Rooney off to...? - madf
It's a pity the Premier League is incapable of employing any good English footballers, and spends money like err a footballer in a nightclub.

It's a classic business case of spending every increasing revenues before you get them...
 Rooney off to...? - Alanovich
>>I really hope
>> both clubs hold out.
>>

I really hope both clubs get royally shafted. They've been been doing it to other clubs with their tapping up antics for long enough. Only downside is that one of the other gruesome clubs (Walham Green Dog Track) might benefit.
 Rooney off to...? - No FM2R
>> I really hope both clubs hold out.

In both cases they should hold out for the most money they can get and then sell. Ditto Spurs with Bale.
>>
>> In both cases they should hold out for the most money they can get and
>> then sell. Ditto Spurs with Bale.
>>
That may well prove to be the case, but with clubs complaining they are the victims of player power it would be in their own medium and long term interests to hold the players to their contracts and enforce the fact that you can't happily sign a lucrative long term deal and then just walk away whenever you feel like it.
Last edited by: Robin Regal on Thu 15 Aug 13 at 18:28

>> it would be in their own medium and long term interests
>> to hold the players to their contracts and enforce the fact that you can't happily
>> sign a lucrative long term deal and then just walk away whenever you feel like
>> it.
>>
Difficult to prove 'non performance', isn't it?
I mean, if Dwayne on 150K a week has a 3 yr contract, and wants out after 2 years, to join Bunbury United for 180K a week, what can one do?
Pay him to stay, but he'll just fulfill his requirements, inasmuch as he turns up for training every day?
Rather recoup whatever you can, or Dwayne will sit out the remainder of his contract, train with the kids, and sign for Bunbury next season.
This is the dark side of Bosman.

Rooney off to...? - Armel Coussine
I don't understand a single word of this carp.

Apparently a specialized sports slave is worth tens of millions of quid these days, and doesn't even have to perform most of the time, just be used as a massive spud-faced bargaining chip between Ron Knee 1 and Ron Knee 2, while lounging around getting fat in night clubs with a lot of boring old tarts.

I don't blame the Nipper at all. Done plenty of that myself. But I never had a god-given athletic talent to throw away.
>
>> Difficult to prove 'non performance', isn't it?
>> I mean, if Dwayne on 150K a week has a 3 yr contract, and wants
>> out after 2 years, to join Bunbury United for 180K a week, what can one
>> do?
>> Pay him to stay, but he'll just fulfill his requirements, inasmuch as he turns up
>> for training every day?

>>
>>
From the players point of view two or three years of non-performance during what is a brief career marks him out as a has been and severely diminishes his chances of a lucrative contract at a top club when he eventually becomes available.
 Rooney off to...? - Zero
And it marks them out as a trouble maker, non conducive to team morale. And Rooney is now seen as that, a whiner, a moaner.

You don't think the special one wants him do you? Under performed for England, Under performed for United, various injuries. The special one is just just winding up the opposition. Throwing fuel on the Rooney fire so to speak.

Rooney off to...? - rtj70
I assume Chelsea don't want Rooney - there are better players. But does Rooney think he's leaving Manchester. Seemed to be packing up the house.
 Rooney off to...? - No FM2R
Pretty much under-performed since he left Everton.

I should think he was/is most worried about working for Moyes again.
>> The special one is just just winding up the opposition.
>> Throwing fuel on the Rooney fire so to speak.
>>
OR is Jose boxing clever - he is winding up united AND if he gets Rooney, nobody else can have him.
He can't score against Chelsea if he's on their bench, can he?

Is Rooney driving this deal, though? Or Colleen? Or some agents?
 Rooney off to...? - Dutchie
Problaby his wife Colleen she is the brain.Can't blame Rooney it is all about the money and he has got plenty.He might sign for Hull City FC. .;)
 Rooney off to...? - Alanovich
>> Hull City FC. .;)
>>

Ahem.

Hull City Tigers.

Grrrrrrrrr.
 Rooney off to...? - Ted
I see Moyes has easily slipped on the mantle of Fergie and started whining before the season even starts.

Thinks the draw for the start of the league has been fixed to put MU up against 3 teams that he might not beat, Chelsea, arsenal and Man City........Come on you City !

Ted
Last edited by: VxFan on Sat 17 Aug 13 at 16:36
Latest Forum Posts