Non-motoring > Makes You Proud to be British - Not Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Fullchat Replies: 36

Makes You Proud to be British - Not - Fullchat
www.express.co.uk/news/uk/422585/Despicable-yob-kicks-punches-and-spits-on-80-year-old-Asian-man-in-horrific-attack

I have seen some things in my life but this turned my stomach.

I see she has now been arrested.
 Makes You Proud to be British - Not - RattleandSmoke
While it is awful, this sort of thing happens in other countries as well.
 Makes You Proud to be British - Not - Dutchie
Bystanders do not intervene what is the sickening bit.
 Makes You Proud to be British - Not - Meldrew
200 hours community service and a safari holiday to help her get her head straight would be my bet.

One teenage prisoner was sent on a number of overseas holidays, including a safari, costing the taxpayer thousands of pounds
Social workers and probation officers defended the controversial trips, saying this system was better placed to challenge certain teenagers' offending behaviour, rather than just locking them away with older and more criminally-minded offenders.
 Makes You Proud to be British - Not - Dutchie
We went shopping a few years ago.Two thieves got stopped by the staff and one of them started to punch the female staff member.I managed to hold the person to stop the lady being beaten up.I thought it was a young lad but it was a girl punching like a lad.Can't believe how aggressive she was for such a young girl.
 Makes You Proud to be British - Not - Bromptonaut
Irony of this being reported in the Express, a paper giving wall to wall coverage to pejorative stories about immigrants/asylum seekers/Muslims, is delicious.
 Makes You Proud to be British - Not - Stuu
>>Irony of this being reported in the Express <<

This kind of behaviour is disgusting regardless of which end of the political spectrum you come from.

Makes You Proud to be British - Not - Bromptonaut
>> >>Irony of this being reported in the Express <<
>>
>> This kind of behavior is disgusting regardless of which end of the political spectrum you
>> come from.

I agree.

My point was the the Express's multiple negative stories (many of which prove false or exaggerated) underpin and may even encourage racist attacks of this sort.
 Makes You Proud to be British - Not - Robin O'Reliant
>>
>> My point was the the Express's multiple negative stories (many of which prove false or
>> exaggerated) underpin and may even encourage racist attacks of this sort.
>>

If the attack had been carried out by someone of 50+ you could have a point, but I doubt if the attacker in this case has ever read the paper in her life.
>>My point was the the Express's multiple negative stories (many of which prove false or exaggerated) underpin and may even encourage racist attacks of this sort.<<

I think you are over-egging the influence of the Express there just a tad and I wouldnt be suprised at all to learn the closest this girl comes to 'news' is a copy of NOW magazine.

If I believed the rubbish the Mirror prints I could well be of the opinion that Tories go to the North to hunt poor people on horseback with their hounds.

People dont become racist via a newspaper, they do it via stupidity and ignorance.
 Makes You Proud to be British - Not - No FM2R
>> that Tories go to the North to hunt poor people on horseback with their hounds.

Oh dear Lord, have Health and Safety regulations stopped even that now?
>>Oh dear Lord, have Health and Safety regulations stopped even that now? <<

EU bans everything see :-)
 Makes You Proud to be British - Not - Manatee

>> People dont become racist via a newspaper, they do it via stupidity and ignorance.

I agree that something like stupidity or ignorance is a prerequisite, but quite possibly this girl has been marinated in racist attitudes since birth. Such attiudes are fed and reinforced by 'stories' that certain newspapers specialize in.

Subjectively, I've noticed in more unselfconscious racism in the west midlands than anywhere else, though not specifically in Coventry.
>>I agree that something like stupidity or ignorance is a prerequisite, but quite possibly this girl has been marinated in racist attitudes since birth. Such attiudes are fed and reinforced by 'stories' that certain newspapers specialize in <<

Immigration is not an issue to take up with immigrants since they were invited via government policy - if you dont like it you campaign for a differnet government policy, not beat up a pensioner, which brings you back around to stupidity and ignorance of the individual.

It is people like her with her vile actions that cloud debate.
 Makes You Proud to be British - Not - The Nut
>> 200 hours community service and a safari holiday to help her get her head straight would be my bet.

Nothing wrong with that, so long as it's a walking safari.
 Makes You Proud to be British - Not - Slidingpillar
In an area infested with man eating tigers...
Didn't particularly pick the Express. Just searched the incident to find the story and the video footage and the Express was near the top. Most media organisations have reported this vile incident.
 Makes You Proud to be British - Not - Dog
Sterilise them, that's what Hitler would have done ... or put them down.
 Makes You Proud to be British - Not - Zero
>> Sterilise them, that's what Hitler would have done ... or put them down.

Would never have happened in Nazi Germany
All the immigrants had been gassed
Not quite all immigrants though, was it Mr Zed, mainly the Jews, the Romani, the homosexuals,
and the mentally challenged.
>> Not quite all immigrants though, was it Mr Zed, mainly the Jews, the Romani, the
>> homosexuals,
>> and the mentally challenged.

And anyone not classed as "arian"

merely pointing out the "hitler made the trains run on time" argument is not valid here.
Last edited by: Zero on Sat 17 Aug 13 at 18:19
 Makes You Proud to be British - Not - Armel Coussine
Sterilise them, ... put them down.

'Them'? Who they? Badly behaved adolescent girls? Poor old Sikhs? I think we should be told.

It's true the Nazis had a summary way with undesirables. No doubt that is why their memory is so widely admired and constantly cited as an example to the young...
 Makes You Proud to be British - Not - MD
OK. Fullchat. I found this abhorrent and totally unacceptable and my natural instinct (ask my Wife) would be to have gone straight in and laid the bitch flat. When I say flat I mean flat, i.e she is incapable of movement. Reason 1: If not 'flat' she 'may' have a knife and attempt to use it etc. Reason 2: The pathetic clowns that were with her 'may' also have something up their sleeves and after her, or indeed during her period of being 'quietened' they would likely have kicked off placing me or anyone assisting in danger. If I acted as suggested how would my actions have been viewed, A. by the Police and B. by the CPS. As you know professionally you can't mess about in these situations ESPECIALLY when one is on their own.
 Makes You Proud to be British - Not - Armel Coussine
>> As you know professionally you can't mess about in these situations ESPECIALLY when one is on their own.

Yes. The presence of 'three men' may well have deterred indignant but timid citizens.

It's unusual in girls, that sort of thing, but not unknown. Poor deprived things, feeling they have to curry favour with ugly little toerags.
>>It's unusual in girls, that sort of thing <<

Must lead a sheltered life then, nothing unusual about it at all, I have known plenty like that, girls have a vast capacity for being nasty.
 Makes You Proud to be British - Not - MD
Yes I had a run in with an intransigent bitch last night. I didn't want Pasta, but I got it. Cow!

Gotta go...........................................She's coming.......................
>>Gotta go...........................................She's coming.......................

Y'all must be doing something right then!

:o)
 Makes You Proud to be British - Not - -
Are you sure its female, Jesus wept.

MD makes a valid point, when you take away peoples common sense responsibility of whats right and wrong, and coppers arrest people who failed to stand by like spare picks while some poor soul is being battered instead of thanking them quietly for doing the right thing, this is the type of result you get.

You can't have your cake and eat it, either we have a civilly responsible community or we stand around like castrated drones till teacher/social worker/plastic bobby arrive to soothe the fevered brow of the assailant and arrest the victim.
 Makes You Proud to be British - Not - Ambo
>>It's unusual in girls,

Drive for equality, innit?
 Makes You Proud to be British - Not - Ambo
>>or we stand around like castrated drones till teacher/social worker/plastic bobby arrive to soothe the fevered brow of the assailant and arrest the victim.

Or vigilante groups step in.
 Makes You Proud to be British - Not - Old Navy
>> Or vigilante groups step in.
>>

And it does happen, about 50 years ago when I was a baby sailor there was an on going problem with Navy lads being attacked by gang of locals in a nearby town with nothing being done to resolve the problem by the authorities (Police). This situation led to a young navy lad being stabbed. The word was put out (unofficially) that we (several hundred guys) would be going to resolve the situation on a particular evening. Both the civil and military police obviously had important duties in far flung areas as they were nowhere to be seen, there were no more problems with the local "hard men" after this visit.
Last edited by: Old Navy on Mon 19 Aug 13 at 11:55
 Makes You Proud to be British - Not - Westpig
Am I the only one that thinks there could be more to this?

The elderly man wasn't walking away when the video first started, was he?...and he did try a couple of half hearted kicks towards the girl.

She pushes him over and says something like "don't touch me" or unless I misheard, something like "don't touch my tit".

Let's say he was somewhat inebriated..and..inappropriately touched her as she walked past..bit more understandable?

I'd suggest more will come out in good time.
Last edited by: Westpig on Mon 19 Aug 13 at 13:07
 Makes You Proud to be British - Not - Manatee
Any Sikhs here? They don't usually drink, I think it's proscribed along with other intoxicants.

Yes I thought there might be more to it. Can't say what, the prologue being absent.
 Makes You Proud to be British - Not - Westpig
>> Any Sikhs here? They don't usually drink,

Plenty do.
I was once in a lock-in in a Southall pub with a bunch of sikhs.

The very best cribbage players I have ever met.
 Makes You Proud to be British - Not - devonite
>>Am I the only one that thinks there could be more to this?

Not at all! - I read it as the girl was arguing with one of the lads over a tin of Lager? - It appears the old guy tried to intervene in some way, and came off the worst for his misinterperated good intensions.
Still makes unpleasent viewing tho'
Indeed WP. Maybe she had already verbally abused him and he was standing up to the abuse. As you say it should all come out. Self defence plea by her??
Latest Forum Posts