Non-motoring > David Jacobs RIP Miscellaneous
Thread Author: FocalPoint Replies: 10

David Jacobs RIP - FocalPoint
Died yesterday, aged 87. Had Parkinson's and liver cancer. He would have been part of the musical landscape for many on here.
Last edited by: FocalPoint on Tue 3 Sep 13 at 10:11
 David Jacobs RIP - VxFan
>> He would have been part of the musical landscape for many on here.

Not me, but nevertheless, RIP DJ.
 David Jacobs RIP - L'escargot
>> Died yesterday, aged 87. Had Parkinson's and liver cancer. He would have been part of
>> the musical landscape for many on here.
>>

To me he was part of the comedy landscape. I never associated him with anything musical.
 David Jacobs RIP - Bromptonaut
>> To me he was part of the comedy landscape. I never associated him with anything
>> musical.

Suspect it's David Jason you're thinking of. David Jacobs was a Radio DJ and presenter of Juke Box Jury in the sixties.

Think he also did Any Questions on Radio 4 before it morphed from an intellectual chat to it's current political talk show guise.
Last edited by: Bromptonaut on Tue 3 Sep 13 at 13:05
>> >> To me he was part of the comedy landscape. I never associated him with
>> anything
>> >> musical.
>>
>> Suspect it's David Jason you're thinking of.

Oops! Pardon my faux pas. I must learn to pay more attention to the thread titles.
:$
 David Jacobs RIP - Mr. Ecs
Celebs always die in threes. Who's next? I'd guess Kirk Douglas
 David Jacobs RIP - Mike Hannon
RIP. When he stepped down from his Sunday night show a few weeks ago I thought the writing must be on the wall.
Desmond Carrington is 87 too, but he sounds fairly hearty...
 David Jacobs RIP - Mike Hannon
People forget that DJ was also an actor in his early years. He 'appeared' in more than 50 episodes of 'Journey Into Space' from 1953, playing 22 different characters as well as introducing the pioneering sci-fi drama.
I have a mint and boxed set of the first series on cassettes to give away if anybody fancies listening to it again...
>> Celebs always die in threes. Who's next? I'd guess Kirk Douglas
>>

For all we know Kirk might outlive his son Michael. tinyurl.com/ohwmppn
 David Jacobs RIP - CGNorwich
Clive James and Zsa Zsa Gabor look to be favourites

www.deathlist.net/
 David Jacobs RIP - Haywain
Blimey, this is all getting a bit morbid ............. back to the subject in question; I always regarded David Jacobs as the 'older statesman' and a quiet professional. I couldn't stand most of the DJs; they seemed to consider themselves bigger than the musicians on whom they depended.

R.I.P
Latest Forum Posts