Non-motoring > GCHQ quiz Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Crankcase Replies: 9

GCHQ quiz - Crankcase
How "clever" are you? GCHQ are looking for people with the right aptitude to do this kind of test, apparently.

canyoufindit.co.uk/

I got as far as, well, looking at it.

GCHQ quiz - Alanovich
I have no idea what they are asking. Presumably, and unsurprisingly, I have failed already.
 GCHQ quiz - CGNorwich
Got all the answers right but had to sign the Official Secrets Act so can't divulge the answers.
 GCHQ quiz - Alanovich
Oh, you can. You'll just have to use your GCHQ level skills to find us all and kill us. Everyone on the internet, that is. Actually, doesn't sound that hard..................
 GCHQ quiz - L'escargot
If only I could remember where I've put my Enigma machine! www.bbc.co.uk/history/topics/enigma#p00chmy6
 GCHQ quiz - Crankcase
Right, well, pasted the text into Google and got no answer, so it's obviously insoluble and they've made a mistake.
 GCHQ quiz - Cliff Pope
It says there are clues scattered around the web. So they want more than just cracking the code, we are supposed to notice relevant needles hidden around the giant haystack that is the web.

Where to begin? First off I tried putting the code into Google. No results.
Then I thought I would be very clever and put it into the search box at the GCHQ website, expecting to magically find myself ushered into the Director's office. "Well done young man. We need people like you - step across and join us".

But they are not stupid, these people. In fact, probably so clever that a million terrorists could slip into the country and they would never know.
 GCHQ quiz - Crankcase
Assuming it was just a simple cypher to start with, I did some very basic frequency analysis using those magic tools, Word and Excel, but lost interest when it didn't instantly work.
 GCHQ quiz - L'escargot
Try the Sample Mathematician Tests instead. tinyurl.com/ovu3bsp
 GCHQ quiz - Zero
you don't need to provide your answers here. They already claim they know how well you did.
Last edited by: Zero on Wed 11 Sep 13 at 17:09
Latest Forum Posts