Non-motoring > Editing posts Miscellaneous
Thread Author: L'escargot Replies: 7

Editing posts - L'escargot
I've noticed that posts by Runfer d'Hills are sometimes edited by Humph d'Bout. It's unfair that Runfer and Humph have this special privilege.
 Editing posts - Focusless
Just in case you weren't aware L'es, anyone can edit their post for a short time after posting (5 minutes?) - there's an 'Edit' link that is displayed to the right of the 'Reply to this message | Report message' links under the new post.

Wasn't aware of the difference between poster and editor names though - interesting.

EDIT: FWIW my post/edit names are both Focusless, despite undergoing a name change last year
Last edited by: Focusless on Sun 15 Sep 13 at 10:47
 Editing posts - Bromptonaut
If you change your user name it also changes in all your old posts right back to 2010. I suspect however it does not change the 'edited by' strap in posts that were subsequently amended (e.g. for typos).

Presumably posts by Runfer and edited by Humph were originally created by the Humph persona?
 Editing posts - rtj70
>> Presumably posts by Runfer and edited by Humph were originally created by the Humph persona?

Correct - they are both the same person and Humph changed his name a little while back.
 Editing posts - Clk Sec
>> despite undergoing a name change

I hope you are much better now...

Edit: And why don't my posts go where I tell them to go?
:)
Last edited by: Clk Sec on Sun 15 Sep 13 at 11:35
 Editing posts - Focusless
>> Edit: And why don't my posts go where I tell them to go? :)

Smiley noted, but just in case:
www.car4play.com/forum/post/index.htm?t=15097&m=340285&v=e
 Editing posts - Robin O'Reliant
Humph is Runfa's butler. He used to post on the great man's behalf, but these days just does his editing for him.
 Editing posts - L'escargot
>> Just in case you weren't aware L'es, ...........

It looks like my attempt at humour dropped like a stone, except for Robin O'Reliant who has twigged that Humph is Runfer's butler.

Oh, well.

:-D
Latest Forum Posts