Non-motoring > Humax 9200 update Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Tooslow Replies: 19

Humax 9200 update - Tooslow
There's an update to the Humax 9200 scheduled for 9th according to the people who do the OTA updates, see; www.dtg.org.uk/industry/download_schedule.php

I believe it is supposed to fix the lack of responsiveness and to capture the EPG in seconds instead of minutes.

And I see that my Sony tv has updated itself too and no longer goes "BER-LOOP" when it's switched on. Hurray! You might find the OTA update list of some use whatever brand you have.

JH
 Humax 9200 update - Zero
been waiting for that one, I knew it was coming but not when.

Ta.
 Humax 9200 update - Hard Cheese

Bought a 9300 just after Christmas and got my money back in April after Humax could not confirm that the issue with the user configured settings being lost (so the kids could find Rabbit XXX TV etc) would be solved by either a forthcoming update or a replacement unit.

How is the 9200?

Humax 9200 update - Zero
On thw whole its been great, with two exceptions

After the last great digital shake around on the london Muxs where channels moved, the remote control has become "slow" somtimes a pause of 1 second fater a button is pressed before anything happens. This will be fixed int he new update.

Also recently it screwed up royally, loosing saved recordings, failing to record, and giving recordigns garbage names. It had all the symptoms of a MBR or FAT screwed. I reformatted the drive but it kept doing it. Whipping off the top revealed that the disk ribbon cable had worked its way out a bit. (it was a standard seagate IDE drive). Since that point its been 100% ok.
 Humax 9200 update - Aretas
Thanks, TS. I was only discussing the problem a couple of hours ago.
The Humax has totally transformed the was we watch TV. Just wish my wife would learn which buttons to push.
 Humax 9200 update - bathtub tom
>>Just wish my wife would learn which buttons to push.

'sfunny, SWMBO's been saying that for years. ;>)
 Humax 9200 update - Zero
she knows which buttons to push in my house, button A mostly

Annoyance, Agravation, Argument
"How is the 9200?"

When it's good it's very, very good etc. And it's good most of the time. Was a pain round the time of the analogue switch off but then settled down. More recently it's responded VERY slowly to the remote (and fascia buttons, so not a remote problem) such that FF through ads is too risky. Software update is due to fix that.

I'd agree with the sentiment it's changed the way we watch tv. Basically we don't. We let this thing record it and then watch when convenient. Which is why I'd like to buy it's HD brother when it comes out and when the price has dropped to something sensible. I have to watch Dr Who LIVE if I want to see it in HD. What a drag :-)

JH
 Humax 9200 update - Zero
And Dr who in HD is worth staying in for!

Its on now!
 Humax 9200 update - Focusless
>> And Dr who in HD is worth staying in for!
>>
>> Its on now!

Impressed by the new Doctor - thought he'd have a hard time following David Tennant but they seem to have found someone born to play the part. Assistant is ok too...
 Humax 9200 update - Focusless
>> Impressed by the new Doctor

Comment from SWMBO - "he's more appealing than David Tennant [who she liked], less up himself"
Well the box is now updated and running software version 23. Time will tell if this solves the occasional lack of response to the buttons.

Following the upgrade a message popped up to the effect of a network upgrade to version 2.0 on 1/1/2013. I've no idea if this came from the Humax box or if it relates to it, I'd guess not. Does anyone know what this is about? Someone is giving plenty of notice but what of?

Thanks, JH
 Humax 9200 update - MrTee43
Digital switchover ?
That's history round here.

JH
 Humax 9200 update - Zero
the update on mine failed. Has an error code.

gRRRRRR
 Humax 9200 update - Stuartli
Stick to the official updates...:-)

Have you checked the Humax website?

www.humaxdigital.com/uk/support/downloadcenter.aspx
 Humax 9200 update - Zero
Are you saying that an "over the air update" is not official?
 Humax 9200 update - Stuartli
No, of course not. In fact I updated my TV's firmware manually "over the air" only a few days ago.

The apparent discrepancy is seemingly something to do with postings not always following the intended placement, a common problem it may be recalled with a certain other motoring website..:-)
 Humax 9200 update - Zero
>> Well the box is now updated and running software version 23. Time will tell if
>> this solves the occasional lack of response to the buttons.
>>
>> Following the upgrade a message popped up to the effect of a network upgrade to
>> version 2.0 on 1/1/2013. I've no idea if this came from the Humax box or
>> if it relates to it, I'd guess not. Does anyone know what this is about?
>> Someone is giving plenty of notice but what of?

Network Change Notification (receiver will display details of future transmitter retune
details and prompt user to retune)
 Humax 9200 update - Arctophile
Just switched on to watch the F1 practice and noticed the OTA update has worked on my 9300T.

It has managed to delete my recording schedule - that's going to upset a few people who have scheduled recordings of the Gand Prix or the football.
Latest Forum Posts