Non-motoring > oilrag survives typhoon Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Armel Coussine Replies: 8

oilrag survives typhoon - Armel Coussine
Our former colleague oilrag lives in the Philippines and is married to a Filipina. I emailed him to ask if they were OK after the huge typhoon there.

They are. But ms. oilrag comes from Tacloban which was comprehensively trashed by the 120mph winds. Communications are mostly out, and the poor lady must be very worried about her family and of course their dwellings and property.
 oilrag survives typhoon - Westpig
Thanks for the update
 oilrag survives typhoon - Cliff Pope
I'd forgotten about oilrag. I thought at first it was a typo for oilrig.
In a further update, oilrag says his wife's family have all survived physically unscathed. He didn't mention property losses.
 oilrag survives typhoon - Runfer D'Hills
I thought he lived in Wakefield. Goes to show.
 oilrag survives typhoon - Cockle
Thinking of the people in the Phillipines, has anyone kept contact with Growlette, the 'other half' of an old time, now deceased, Back Roomer, Growler?

Just went through my mind when I saw the news, hope she's OK.
 oilrag survives typhoon - Bromptonaut
>> Thanks for the update

As below I thought he was a Yorkshireman who'd dropped off the radar. Gald to hear he's broadly OK.
oilrag is a Yorkshireman and he does live in Wakefield. He often goes to the Philippines and I had assumed he was there now, but he isn't. The misunderstanding persisted through a couple of emails because he didn't realise I didn't know, as it were.

If he was, he would have been in or near Tacloban where a large ship seems to be parked well inland on top of thousands of shacks. But I suspect the wife's relations are not shack dwellers and may live a bit inland from there... anyway they are all right.
 oilrag survives typhoon - ....
That was the fella I was thinking of in a previous thread about cleanliness of underbody shenanigans. Not taking anything away from gb but he's an amateur ;-) by comparison to what I read of oilrag and his FIAT Punto.
Latest Forum Posts