Non-motoring > Every little helps! Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Roger. Replies: 31

Every little helps! - Roger.
haggerston-tescos.tumblr.com/?og=1
 Every little helps! - Manatee
Shortly to be the best Tesco I should think. If not, it's time to sell the Tesco shares!
 Every little helps! - Harleyman
Has anyone considered that since London E8 is probably one of the worst places to live in GB, the store is simply in keeping with its surroundings?

Every little helps! - Zero
>> Has anyone considered that since London E8 is probably one of the worst places to
>> live in GB, the store is simply in keeping with its surroundings?

A little out of date there HM. London E8 includes the area of Dalston and London Fields which has been rapidly gentrified and is now cool, hip and expensive.
 Every little helps! - R.P.
Has it been Waitrosised though ?
not yet.
 Every little helps! - R.P.
Wasteland then sorry.
There are 5 within 2.5 miles.
 Every little helps! - Stuartli
It's Every Lidl Helps for a lot of people these days...:-)
 Every little helps! - RattleandSmoke
Looks like a simple case of bad management and the location might put off senior or area management checking up on things.

Their sales figures must reflect how bad the store looks though.

I tried to got to my local Tesco Express/Esso tonight to get petrol and it there was such a que to get into the place I gave up. Oh well the amber orange warning lamp means I can see the speedo easier!. Who needs petrol anyway?

Every little helps! - Ted

I don't go there, Rats. It's always full of dimwits who fill up then leave the car on the pump while they do a month's shopping. You don't get Clubcard points, either.

The new Tesco on Chester Road is the place to be seen...Decent cooked brekie after filling up with DERV.

Ted
 Every little helps! - Stuartli
>> The new Tesco on Chester Road is the place to be seen...Decent cooked brekie after filling up with DERV.>>

Is that the one near VW dealership Gilbert Lawton on Bridgewater Way? If so, that's where I acquired my 2007 Jetta - I also live in Chester Road, but one about 35 miles away....:-)
 Every little helps! - Armel Coussine
>> Tesco on Chester Road is the place to be seen..

Really? Must nip up there and ask Kate if she's got a toot to spare before the paparazzi hear about it and the wrong sort of people are let in.
 Every little helps! - RattleandSmoke
I should have gone there tonight Ted. I was going to but just couldn't be bothered as I had already parked up. Got to go to Didsbury tomorrow morning via Hell Lane as I need to avoid Barlow Moor Road due to the one way traffic because of the Airport line. Won't be passing any petrol stations on the way :(. Oh well I am sure I pick up a new cat converter for about £100 if I do damage it due to running out of fuel!.

I also hate the idiots that park their stupid veegan mobile at the pump then do the weekly shop. It can cause quite bad traffic problems on Manchester Road.

Stuart is indeed the same one. The store is one of the very last Extra format ones built as half way through the build Tesco realised they were saturating their own market and cancelled a lot of the future stores.

Every little helps! - Armel Coussine
Damn! Too late (no offence Sheikha)...

:o}
 Every little helps! - swiss tony
>> Stuart is indeed the same one. The store is one of the very last Extra format ones built as half way through the build Tesco realised they were saturating their own market and cancelled a lot of the future stores.
>>

If only... within 5 miles of this spot, I have a choice?! of TEN tesco store of varying sizes..
2 superstores- 3 if I travel 6 miles
8 expresses. (some of which where renamed from extras....)
And I hear, more they are after planing permission for!

PS... 4 existing stores within a mile!!!!!!!!
Last edited by: swiss tony on Wed 13 Nov 13 at 06:50
I have two Tesco Extras within two miles, I have two tesco express within two miles, and they have just slapped in planning permission for another 800 yards away.

The growth for the large stores (all of them not just Tesco) has come to a shuddering halt, as shoppers we now prefer to shop more often for fewer items, hence the rise of the "small local" concept, (Morrisons have been badly exposed here and are fighting to catch up).

Every little helps! - bathtub tom
Only ten? We've thirteen of them and now the local corner shop's been bought and turned into a First Stop (or some such name) - owned by Tesco.
Stuart, It's not far away. Almost on the corner of Great Stone Road and opposite PC World.

Ted
Ian, You can fill up at the Shell on the Metro bridge on your way to Nell Lane. Go down Albany Road from your place and you'll be on the correct side of the road to get fuel.
Seemples.

Ted
Last edited by: Ted on Wed 13 Nov 13 at 00:22
 Every little helps! - Duncan
>> The new Tesco on Chester Road is the place to be seen...Decent cooked brekie after
>> filling up with DERV.
>>
>> Ted
>>

The decent cooked breakfast won't last long Ted, when they convert the caff to another one of these dopey Hooley and Hawkes (or whatever they are called) coffee bars.

I am in TESCO's for GAWDS sake, I want a pot of tea and six fried items for three quid, or whatever they charge. I don't want all this poncey service by umpteen staff, where you are given a triple egg timer to see how long your tea bag has been in the cup!

Grrr! It's a good job I'm not easily irritated!
Weatherspoons do breakfast...... You could really go down market and shop in Aldi opposite.
Last edited by: Zero on Wed 13 Nov 13 at 08:31
>> Weatherspoons do breakfast...... You could really go down market and shop in Aldi opposite.
>>

Nowt wrong with Aldi, lad.

Or Wetherspoons!
Last edited by: Duncan on Wed 13 Nov 13 at 08:37
 Every little helps! - Clk Sec
>> >> Weatherspoons do breakfast...... You could really go down market and shop in Aldi opposite.
>>
>> >>
>>
>> Nowt wrong with Aldi, lad.
>>
>> Or Wetherspoons!
>>

I can't comment on Aldi, as there isn't one in my neck of the woods.

Nowt wrong with Wetherspoons, though.
 Every little helps! - Roger.
ALDI's Christmas food & drink guide is seriously impressive: for instance a whole Jamon de Serrano for under fifty quid, including the carving stand and the correct style of carving knife!
You Waitrose types should check it out!
 Every little helps! - Clk Sec
Unfortunately, I can't try out Aldi any easier than you can try out Waitrose, as there ain't none nearby...
 Every little helps! - CGNorwich
Aldi - that's the place that has a jumble sale in the middle of the store. Very odd.
I have 59 Tesco stores within 10 miles!

They must be getting close the covering the market.

Did they ever open that store in Bristol(?) that some of the locals took to rioting over?
 Every little helps! - Meldrew
it is ravaged by bargain hunting customers - nothing wrong with the goods or prices though.
 Every little helps! - Meldrew
Aldi's Christmas pudding was judged to be superior to Both Harrods and Fortnum and Mason
tinyurl.com/nyagx4e
 Every little helps! - madf
I bought an Aldi router table.
www.aldi.co.uk/en/specialbuys/sunday-8th-september/product-detail/ps/p/router-table/

Works very well.

The cost of the "electromagnetic safety switch" is c £20 anywhere...

So I bought a second table discounted to £19.99 to sell stock - to upgrade my home made circular saw table.

Anyone want an unused router table sans switch for £10?

(serious offer)
Last edited by: madf on Wed 13 Nov 13 at 11:02
 Every little helps! - VxFan
>> I bought an Aldi router table

What's the wifi like on it ;)
Latest Forum Posts