Non-motoring > Thats it - Bucket list of Bands complete. Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Zero Replies: 8

Thats it - Bucket list of Bands complete. - Zero
Two bands remained on my "not seen" bucket list.

Fleetwood Mac and The Eagles.

Ticked off FM a month or three back, and now I have just booked tickets for the Eagles at the O2 next june.

Its a girl my Lord in a flatbed Ford slowing down to take a look at me
Last edited by: Zero on Wed 13 Nov 13 at 09:09
 Thats it - Bucket list of Bands complete. - BobbyG
My missus wouldnt let me take a couple of hours detour in the summer to stand on the corner in Winslow...

By coincidence, just received an email advising they are playing The Hydro in Glasgow in May!
 Thats it - Bucket list of Bands complete. - Badwolf
Mr Z I am, in the parlance of the yoof of today, well jel.

I would dearly love to see the original ELO line up perform a concert. However, I have got tickets to see the original Status Quo line up (Rossi, Parfitt, Lancaster, Coghlan) next April and, having seen various incarnations of The Quo over the years, I am very excited about this.
 Thats it - Bucket list of Bands complete. - Zero
>> Mr Z I am, in the parlance of the yoof of today, well jel.
>>
>> I would dearly love to see the original ELO line up perform a concert.

been there, done that, t-shirt long worn out - was at this concert

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Out_of_the_Blue:_Live_at_Wembley
Last edited by: Zero on Fri 15 Nov 13 at 23:22
 Thats it - Bucket list of Bands complete. - Badwolf
You lucky bar steward! ;-)

If ELO ever reform and tour again, I would happily mortgage my house to see them. Although I believe that the ELO Experience are as close to swearing as damn it.
 Thats it - Bucket list of Bands complete. - Slightlyfatdirector
I saw Pink Floyd in '95 (Division Bell) and recently saw Roger Waters perform 'The Wall' at Wembley Stadium, but the favourite gig of the last few years?

Half Man Half Biscuit.

If you have never heard of them then I strongly suggest some research. Pretty ropey (but distinct) music, but the most tremendous lyrics. Satirical, sardonic, and just plain odd sometimes, with superb references to people and places.

Such one line lyric gems as "if Jesus came to earth today, they'd crucify him straight away - upon a cross of MDF and they'd use 'no-need-for-nails'"

Achtung Bono is a fab album. 'For what is Chatteris' is a sublime track.

And to see them live? A superb night out.

Did this in London last year with some old school friends and had just the best night ever.

Or maybe I'm just strange..... :)
 Thats it - Bucket list of Bands complete. - helicopter
Saw ELO in Tilgate Park in Crawley with the London Philharmonic orchestra must be 20 plus years ago around 1994 as I recall ......not the original line up of course but still a great concert....
 Thats it - Bucket list of Bands complete. - Haywain
….. and we all remember the tragic death of ELO cellist Mike Edwards

www.billboard.com/articles/news/956491/elo-cellist-killed-by-giant-hay-bale

www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-devon-20259274

Thats it - Bucket list of Bands complete. - WillDeBeest
Arguably (not really) a greater loss to the prospect of a reunion was Kelly Groucutt, who was the second voice on much of ELO's prime-period material - and the first on several favourites, such as The Diary of Horace Wimp. "We'll have to wait and see. I'll call you back later," on Here Is the News was him too.

Biggest obstacle of all is Lynne's retreat into re-recording the 70s hits with modern technology, smothering the freshness under layers of Mr Sheen and, well, going over old ground rather than creating anything new. But perhaps better that than the indignities Paul McCartney inflicts on us.
Latest Forum Posts