Non-motoring > G4 bulbs for kitchen under-cabinet lighting Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Focusless Replies: 4

G4 bulbs for kitchen under-cabinet lighting - Focusless
Need to replace a G4 in the kitchen, not something I've ever done before, and looking on Amazon there appears to be 2 popular ratings, 10W and 20W. I can't see anything on the blown bulb indicating which it is - is it more likely to be one than the other?
 G4 bulbs for kitchen under-cabinet lighting - Zero
I'd throw all the horrid G4 fittings in the bin, and replace them with led bars.
 G4 bulbs for kitchen under-cabinet lighting - Roger.
We have LED bars under the kitchen wall cabinets which work well and cost peanuts to run.
The sticky backing isn't that sticky though, so a roll of Duck Tape (brand) is about to be used to stop the bars dangling in the cooking!
I'm also waiting for a one metre strip of LEDs, with remote control (£12 all in) to put behind our Ercol corner display unit (full of our little collection of Clarice Cliff) which is in rather a dark corner.
Last edited by: Roger on Tue 26 Nov 13 at 11:26
 G4 bulbs for kitchen under-cabinet lighting - Alanovich
Oddly enough FL I'm doing the same job this week. I've got 5 to replace. All mine are 10w, IKEA supplied fittings. If you're passing Caversham way then Homecrafts (the most useful shop in the world) has ordered a box of 30 Philips 10 watters to arrive today due to my request being unfulfilled yesterday lunch time. £1.99 each.
 G4 bulbs for kitchen under-cabinet lighting - Focusless
Thanks A, but decided mine were more likely to be 20w-ers, and picked up a pack of 2 from Asda for £3.25 while doing the weekly shop on Saturday morning.
Latest Forum Posts