Non-motoring > A total dipstick... Miscellaneous
Thread Author: No FM2R Replies: 8

A total dipstick... - No FM2R

Assuming its true.....

www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-25138627
 A total dipstick... - rtj70
Yes if true. Bitcoins were easy to create at the beginning but worthless. The algorithm takes significantly longer to run to create one these days. A GPU can help but people buy custom hardware too.

What's the chances of finding anything in the landfill site after this time? If this was local to me, there'd be no landfill to search anyway. What is not recycled is burned.
 A total dipstick... - Cliff Pope
One quite often reads of people hunting through rubbish for prized items, money, etc that they have inadvertently tipped.

But do the authorities really allow people to go into the back of dustcarts or dig in landfill sites? The H&S implications must be horrendus. I'm impressed and gladdened if it really is permissible, but it seems unlikely considering the rules now imposed if you merely want to hunt in a scrapyard for a spare door handle.
 A total dipstick... - Fursty Ferret
It's a pyramid scheme; he deserves to have lost the disk.
 A total dipstick... - Harleyman
The bit that amuses me is the location. Since the whole of Pillgwenlly looks like a landfill site anyway (although to be fair the rest of Newport is little better) it might be a longer search than he thinks.

Last edited by: Harleyman on Fri 29 Nov 13 at 22:03
 A total dipstick... - R.P.
Newport is a dump - the only saving grace was the castle that I never knew it had until a recent trip to Cardiff on the train.
 A total dipstick... - Pat
I have fond memories of Newport docks!

Even fonder ones of Cardiff lorry park when it was in the middle of town opposite the prison;)

I learned so much in those days....

Pat
 A total dipstick... - Baz
Newport is a dump.....
Absolutely... wife works there and can only agree 100%. To call it a city is an insult and Newport Council amidst much anger recently demolished a much-admired mural depicting the town's history. It does have quite a bit of history if you look deep enough and the transporter bridge is a fine working example. The castle too, as you say....except they built a flyover through it so only the sea wall is left.
It is one of the least uplifting places I can think of, especially when it's raining, which is most of the time.
 A total dipstick... - Roger.
There are some nice teazles on the shoreline!
Latest Forum Posts