Non-motoring > A soccer player's company car.... Company Cars
Thread Author: No FM2R Replies: 11

A soccer player's company car.... - No FM2R
www.bbc.com/autos/story/20131202-ronaldo-picks-his-audi

Although since someone like Bale earns £300,000 per week, then I can't imagine he even notices...
 A soccer player's company car.... - Bromptonaut
>> www.bbc.com/autos/story/20131202-ronaldo-picks-his-audi
>>
>> Although since someone like Bale earns £300,000 per week, then I can't imagine he even
>> notices...

Site not accessible from UK......
Who knew! Sorry about that....

"The Ingolstadt, Germany-based automaker has had a relationship with Spain’s Real Madrid club for 10 years. As per tradition, the team’s roster gets its pick of preselected loaner cars for the season, complete with favourable purchase options at the end of the year.

On 29 November, the official hand-over of vehicles occurred at the Hipódromo de la Zarzuela horse-racing track on the outskirts of the Spanish capital.

Though no longer the highest-paid player on his squad, having relinquished that title to Gareth Bale in September, Portuguese forward Cristiano Ronaldo exhibited admirable car savvy by choosing the most expensive car of the bunch, a 552-horsepower RS6 Avant.

Ronaldo was also something of a contrarian on his club. Of the 24 vehicles dispensed, 12 were Q7 sport crossovers. Newsflash: professional athletes like SUVs.

The complete list follows:

IIker Casillas: Audi Q7 3.0 TDI
Cristiano Ronaldo: Audi RS6 Avant
Gareth Bale: Audi Q7 3.0 TDI
Sergio Ramos: Audi RS5
Carlo Ancelotti: Audi A8 4.2 TDI
Pepe: Audi Q7 3.0 TDI
Marcelo: Audi Q7 3.0 TDI
Xabi Alonso: Audi S7
Isco: Audi Q7 3.0 TDI
Álvaro Arbeloa: Audi SQ5
Karim Benzema: Audi SQ5
Diego López: Audi Q5 3.0 TDI
Asier Illarramendi: Audi Q7 3.0 TDI
Fabio Coentrao: Audi Q7 3.0 TDI
Sami Khedira: Audi Q7 3.0 TDI
Rafael Varane: Audi S3 Sportback
Carvajal: Audi Q5 3.0 TDI
Álvaro Morata: Audi SQ5
Ángel Di María: Audi Q7 3.0 TDI
Casemiro: Audi A7 Sportback 3.0 TDI
Jesé: Audi Q7 3.0 TDI
Nacho: Audi Q7 3.0 TDI
Luca Modric: Audi Q7 3.0 TDI
Jesús Fernández: Audi A3 Sportback 2.0 TDI"
 A soccer player's company car.... - VxFan
And here they are with their cars

www.carbuzz.com/news/2013/11/29/Audis-Presented-to-Real-Madrid-Cristiano-Ronaldo-7717387/

A soccer player's company car.... - Focusless
>> Jesús Fernández: Audi A3 Sportback 2.0 TDI"

Must be the cleaner :)
 A soccer player's company car.... - Alanovich
>> >> Jesús Fernández: Audi A3 Sportback 2.0 TDI"

With a name like that, you'd expect the austere choice.
 A soccer player's company car.... - rtj70
Poor sod getting that - he must be the cleaner for sure. That's quite a bit lower down the pecking order - I'd refuse.

Ancelotti got a nice 4.2TDi Audi A8 I see. But Ronaldo probably got the next best car IMO.
 A soccer player's company car.... - Zero

>> Site not accessible from UK......

One can use a proxy web server, like www.hidemyass.com* to anonymise ones country of presence.

Also handy for torrent sites blocked by ones ISP.

*other proxy servers available.
 A soccer player's company car.... - Roger.
Free VPN - Hotspot Shield, works OK.
 A soccer player's company car.... - PhilW
Surprised there's not a few R8s there?
Maybe they are restricted in their choice?
 A soccer player's company car.... - rtj70
Audi probably have long waiting lists for the R8 and can sell all of them. If you had cash I doubt if you'd get one anytime soon. Hence the top-end of the 'normal' models. The Q7's will probably come of the normal production line. The RS6 is probably hand built because it won't have standard body panels or track even.

So if these are 'company' cars, will they pay benefit in kind on them? Is there such a thing in Spain even? No FM2R will know I'm sure :-)
Last edited by: rtj70 on Wed 4 Dec 13 at 16:02

IIRC a Company car was valued in Spain as a greater benefit than it is in the UK, but the tax rate applied was lower, although I wouldn't know if it has changed in the last 3 or 4 years.

However, I would suspect that these guys claim that they are being specifically paid to drive the vehicle as part of their contract and then handle taxation on that duty/income most creatively.

Consequently I doubt it ever arises.
Latest Forum Posts