Actress Alexandra Bastedo dies. - R.P.
www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-25708277

Loved her as a kid.
Last edited by: R.P. on Mon 13 Jan 14 at 19:56
 Actress Alexandra Bastedo dies. - Mike Hannon
Likewise.
 Actress Alexandra Bastedo dies. - No FM2R
Loved her and lusted after her.

I think she used to share a flat with Annette Andre (Jeannie Hopkirk in Randall and Hopkirk (Deceased)). Doesn't bear thinking about.
 Actress Alexandra Bastedo dies. - Dog
>>Doesn't bear thinking about.

That's right, no age at all really :-(
 Actress Alexandra Bastedo dies. - Zero
>> Loved her and lusted after her.
>>
>> I think she used to share a flat with Annette Andre (Jeannie Hopkirk in Randall
>> and Hopkirk (Deceased)). Doesn't bear thinking about.

oh wow - yeah. What a BBD thought. Imagine Jenny Handley living in the flat upstairs with stacey dorning!

Just for old times sake

www.youtube.com/watch?v=SgVueR3ybYk
Last edited by: Zero on Mon 13 Jan 14 at 15:39
 Actress Alexandra Bastedo dies. - Dog
"RIP Alexandra Bastedo. They don't make em like this any more...<<

What ^^he^^ said.
 Actress Alexandra Bastedo dies. - MD
Luvverly Lady. I'm with the lusting crowd.
 Actress Alexandra Bastedo dies. - zippy
RIP!

Exactly a year younger than my mum, which makes one think! I must spend more time visiting my folks!
Last edited by: zippy on Mon 13 Jan 14 at 17:07
 Actress Alexandra Bastedo dies. - BiggerBadderDave
'oh wow - yeah. What a BBD thought.'

I don't know of this actress but I did love Randall & Hopkirk back in the 70s. In fact I loved it so much, my second wife and I walked down the aisle to this:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=wo3lTbYFK6A

Talking of hot mature, I have to keep rewinding those SKY ads with Joanna Lumley. Superb.
 Actress Alexandra Bastedo dies. - zippy
>>Joanna Lumley. Superb.

She is the Patron of Arts at my eldest's last school. She gave a speech on prize giving day and wowed the assembled congregation. Spent time congratulating all of the prize winners including my eldest who was an avid Ab Fab fan as it was!

She sponsors and arts scholarship at the school.

I think she is a STAR, in all senses, especially with regards to the work she has done for the Gurkha service men.
 Actress Alexandra Bastedo dies. - Duncan
>> >>Joanna Lumley. Superb.

>> I think she is a STAR, in all senses, especially with regards to the work
>> she has done for the Gurkha service men.
>>

I think the woman is a complete and utter PITA.

Ask anyone who lives around Fleet in Hampshire what they think about the Gurkhas and their families living in the neighbourhood.

Thinks, I wonder if I will get a scowly?
">> >>Joanna Lumley. Superb.

I think the woman is a complete and utter PITA."

If I could get in bed she'll have an utter PITA.
 Actress Alexandra Bastedo dies. - Harleyman

>>
>> Ask anyone who lives around Fleet in Hampshire what they think about the Gurkhas and
>> their families living in the neighbourhood.
>>
>> Thinks, I wonder if I will get a scowly?
>>

Probably about the same as the inbred civvy residents of any garrison town think about soldiers. Till the Army pulls out, then they start whining about how the local economy will go to pot.
>> Probably about the same as the inbred civvy residents of any garrison town think about
>> soldiers. Till the Army pulls out, then they start whining about how the local economy
>> will go to pot.

Ask anyone outside of Aldershot what they think of the place. Nothing to do with Gurkhas. Enter any Aldershot pub and you will come out a changed man. At least one scar anyway.
Last edited by: VxFan on Wed 15 Jan 14 at 10:06
 Actress Alexandra Bastedo dies. - Armel Coussine
Never heard of her. From the posthumous pics she seems all right, although neither a great beauty nor a sex bomb... but then I wasn't an open-mouthed pre-adolescent drooling over her in those TV programmes. I guess that must make a difference.

Beauties are ten a penny on screens of all sizes. Jenny Agutter isn't one of them, but I did rather fancy her, cor... not at all bad as sex objects go.

(of course we all love la Lumley. Comic actress in every sense, national treasure and all-round good egg, with a truly fabulous voice).
Last edited by: Armel Coussine on Mon 13 Jan 14 at 17:48
 Actress Alexandra Bastedo dies. - Robin O'Reliant
>> Never heard of her.
>>

+1.
 Actress Alexandra Bastedo dies. - sooty123
I'm not on my own for once. I've very rarely heard of anyone in the RIP threads on here.
 Actress Alexandra Bastedo dies. - Skip
>> >> Never heard of her.
>> +1.

Me neither
 Actress Alexandra Bastedo dies. - VxFan
>> +1.

Me neither.
Last edited by: VxFan on Mon 13 Jan 14 at 19:54
 Actress Alexandra Bastedo dies. - R.P.
godcelebs.com/18778-alexandra-bastedo.html

This what you missed.
 Actress Alexandra Bastedo dies. - Duncan
>> (of course we all love la Lumley. Comic actress in every sense, national treasure and
>> all-round good egg, with a truly fabulous voice).
>>

No we do not.

See my post elsewhere in this thread.
>> 'oh wow - yeah. What a BBD thought.'
>>
>> I don't know of this actress but I did love Randall & Hopkirk back in
>> the 70s. In fact I loved it so much, my second wife and I walked
>> down the aisle to this:
>>
>> www.youtube.com/watch?v=wo3lTbYFK6A

Instead of taking vows it was "I blame you Marty, I blame you"
 Actress Alexandra Bastedo dies. - Stuartli
To all those who claim they have never heard of Alexandra Bastedo, what a sad life you must have led....:-( :-) :-)
Meh... she's OK. A bit scowling and saturnine in some of the shots. Not sure the more Baby-Doll ones ring as true as those.

I don't think we missed that much. But you had to be there no doubt.

I think I saw a bit of Randall & Hopkirk (Deceased) once. Can't remember anything about it.
 Actress Alexandra Bastedo dies. - helicopter
Well Alexandra Bastedo in her last years ran an animal sanctuary in West Chiltington which I believe is not a million miles from you AC.....

www.abcanimalsanctuary.co.uk/contactus.html
>> in her last years ran an animal sanctuary in West Chiltington which I believe is not a million miles from you AC.....

It's just round the corner so to speak and we go there sometimes. There's a classy butcher there and a hairdresser where herself gets her hair cut, quite well sometimes, a couple of times a year. I never consciously noticed the animal sanctuary though. It seems to me a slightly mad way of spending your time and money when you are getting on a bit, but you do get these crazy old biddies who think animals are 'nicer' somehow than humans. It's possible they are fulfilling a need since the RSPCA which ought to do that sort of thing seems to be going into left-wing politics instead.

Perhaps an acting career for a woman has the potential to generate bitterness and misanthropy. It's been alleged often enough. A strong maternal instinct is often displaced onto animals. Herself is much politer to the cat than I am.
 Actress Alexandra Bastedo dies. - Runfer D'Hills
A lady in her middle years, who works for us lives alone but for 6 cats. One imagines anyway that they must be required to do as they are told...
 Actress Alexandra Bastedo dies. - MD
Animals are far nicer the oomans any day.
 Actress Alexandra Bastedo dies. - CGNorwich
The wood pigeon that was literally being eaten alive in my garden this morning by next door's cat would probably have argued the point.
Animals aren't 'nice' at all, that's an absurd view. Niceness doesn't apply to them however endearing they may sometimes seem.

They are simpler than humans and some of them are easy to exploit.
>> Animals are far nicer the oomans any day.

Its not oomans crapping on your car.
"Its not oomans crapping on your car."

Next door to my mammy's house, an ooman broken into the garage, stole all the meat in the chest freezer and crapped in there.
>> "Its not oomans crapping on your car."
>>
>> Next door to my mammy's house, an ooman broken into the garage, stole all the
>> meat in the chest freezer and crapped in there.

That was my Fifi.
 Actress Alexandra Bastedo dies. - madf
>> "Its not oomans crapping on your car."
>>
>> Next door to my mammy's house, an ooman broken into the garage, stole all the
>> meat in the chest freezer and crapped in there.
>>

The badgers in the set about 1km away have a routine of walking round our garden, eating the bird food, in summer eating every ripe strawberry (nets or wire destroyed) and breaking down raspberry canes so they can eat the fruit They then dig holes in my vegetable patch and crap in them.

The foxes do the same...

As for our pear tree, the foxes climb it and eat the pears...
Latest Forum Posts