Non-motoring > How are a corkscrew and a hammer similar? Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Dog Replies: 8

How are a corkscrew and a hammer similar? - Dog
I must be senile as the only thing I could think of was that they could both be used as weapons against the IDF.

www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2538392/Can-answer-five-questions-The-15-minute-home-test-spots-signs-Alzheimers.html
 How are a corkscrew and a hammer similar? - Mapmaker
Both hand-held instruments?

You can use a hammer to knock the cork into a bottle if desperate?
 How are a corkscrew and a hammer similar? - BiggerBadderDave
Slang names for sexual positions?

How are a corkscrew and a hammer similar? - FocalPoint
The shape.

(Depends on the design of the corkscrew, I suppose. The "waiter's friend" doesn't look much like a hammer.)

That's two people diagnosed straight off!
 How are a corkscrew and a hammer similar? - Cliff Pope
I was quite impressed by the simplicity and possible usefulness of most of the tests, having witnessed my mother's abilities decline. Such simple but formalised questions would well have picked something up sooner if used clinically.

But I too am puzzled by the odd open-ended question (The Telegraph quoted another similar).
They look good exercises in lateral thinking, perhaps useful as a tool for university entrance interviews, but a bit over the top for a possible Altzheimer's sufferer?

I'd be tempted to reply to that question that both are used in labotomies and brain operations to try to correct Altzheimers, just to see if that would shock the questioner.

Or you could try:

Both are used for getting into drink containers - drawing corks or knocking bungs out of casks.
Both are to some extent obsolete - "no-nails" and screw-tops are taking over.
Both are tools difficult to use with the "wrong" hand, but the corkscrew more so.
Both usually comprise a wooden handle and a metal action part.
 How are a corkscrew and a hammer similar? - Dog
>>I'd be tempted to reply to that question that both are used in lobotomies and brain operations to try to correct Alzheimer's, just to see if that would shock the questioner

Oh dear! .. I must admit I'd go for the handle answer to the corkscrew/hammer question, but 10/10 to Bad Dave.

:o)
 How are a corkscrew and a hammer similar? - CGNorwich
Easy.

You use the corkscrew as a preliminary to getting hammered.
 How are a corkscrew and a hammer similar? - madf
They are both hand held.

They both are made of steel..
They both are instruments of torture.
They have both been used for centuries.
They both can lie on their sides.
 How are a corkscrew and a hammer similar? - Cliff Pope
Both are vital when camping, and equally frustrating when forgotten.
Latest Forum Posts