Non-motoring > March 2014 NW States road trip Miscellaneous
Thread Author: legacylad Replies: 0

March 2014 NW States road trip - legacylad
I have never got excited about holidays, preferring not to build up my hopes! I do plan in advance though, whether it be places to see/visit, or just the best airport transfer!
This one is a first for me, combining skiing with a road trip and decent scenery. Flying into Seattle from LBA via AMS, friends are driving N from their home town near Tahoe and collecting me the following morning. Our transport is a 7yo Toyota Tundra, 4.7l V8, fully equipped with winter tyres, flares, tow ropes and everything you would need for snowy weather in that part of the world. First o/night stop is Kamloops in BC, then 5 days skiing in Revelstoke. the first 2 days of which they are heli skiing. Followed by a drive S to Whitefish in Montana, then Sun Valley in Idaho for more skiing. About 2.500 miles @ 15mpg over 2 weeks. Fortunately I have a further week to recover and ski Tahoe resorts whilst staying at their place.
And I get to share the driving, although I have driven Zeke, the truck, many times before in winter conditions around N California.
The gas bill is going to be, well, less than the UK, but still pretty expensive.
Latest Forum Posts