Non-motoring > Complaining to a company v write to the press Miscellaneous
Thread Author: henry k Replies: 6

Complaining to a company v write to the press - henry k
Re my saga of installing an electric oven.

The instruction are poor and I think incorrect.
I contacted the co last year and have had no response.
Online reviews mention 16A loading/13 Plug but I can only assume the company either does not read reviews or just ignores them.

Today I contacted them again.
I asked about putting a plug on a 16A device but went round in circles with a very aggressive lass who seemed to just repeat get an electrician in...DOH!
So as I am in rant mood, should I write to the company CEO ask of / inform a daily paper ?
( have another glass of .. and lie down in dark room and it will go away )
 Complaining to a company v write to the press - PeterS
Do they have a twitter presence? I've found the very public nature of a tweet very useful in getting thing sorted - more so if they've got plenty of followers of course!
 Complaining to a company v write to the press - bathtub tom
I've had great success with this site: www.ceoemail.com/

I can also suggest posting on their Facebook site, as recommended from someone here (I won't mention their ugly name).
 Complaining to a company v write to the press - R.P.
Facebook !!! If you want to read cringeworthy threads try the Lloyds Bank one - brilliant entertainment It's a wonder that they haven't curled up an killed it.
 Complaining to a company v write to the press - mikeyb
I had a small rant on the facebook page of a restaurant chain.

Resulted in a request to discuss my frustration with them. Phone call from area manager who was a jolly nice chap, very open and honest. Gave a good will gesture of the same value as original meal, and left me his mobile number if I had any more problems I needed to share with him.
 Complaining to a company v write to the press - TheManWithNoName
If its a safety issue contact Watchdog. If others have suffered the same they could be building up a casefile. The press won't be interested unless your house burns down. Then it becomes news.
 Complaining to a company v write to the press - Clk Sec
>> should I write to the company CEO ask of / inform a daily paper ?

I've found that writing to the quality manager resolves most issues, but if not, a mention that you may consider legal action and / or a letter to a national daily, usually brings a swift response.

You could have a look at the Review Centre to see if other customers have the same problem.
Last edited by: Clk Sec on Wed 29 Jan 14 at 14:55
Latest Forum Posts