Non-motoring > Tenerife advice Miscellaneous
Thread Author: legacylad Replies: 10

Tenerife advice - legacylad
My current work rota means that occasionally I have Sunday>Thursday off. This arrangement allowed me to fly Leeds/Lanzarote in both Nov & Dec, staying at the same hotel (Vitalclass Sport & Wellness) & paying circa £350 inc the single occupancy supplement. The weather was only so so, and weather reports suggest warmer temps in Tenerife.
Travelling those days, allowing 3 full days in resort, means a Manchester flight, so does anyone have any suggestions or recommendations for a child free, short transfer place to stay please during the Feb half term? A pal is coming along this time, which helps in the final price. Not the best arrangement only having 3 full days away, but I need sunshine! Budget £400 tops.
 Tenerife advice - FocalPoint
Others will be along in a minute, I'm sure.

We have made Tenerife a fixture for February sun. This year, we'll be in the south, where temperatures are higher than elsewhere. It also has the advantage of being near the main airport.

As for "child-free" during half-term - you'll be lucky!

Suggest you look at TripAdvisor. In fact, this year we're on a package with EasyJet to Cosat del Silencio, as this was cheaper by some way than booking everything seperately.

We've always stayed soemwhere different each time, based on price/value.
 Tenerife advice - Dog
Here's one for you FP: camserver.z-online.ch/ShowPics.aspx?cam=t14e
 Tenerife advice - FocalPoint
Yes, saw a webcam pic of all the sunbeds out at Los Cristianos the other day. I'm just about ready for some sunshine. Got spoiled last July here in the UK and then in September on Sicily.
 Tenerife advice - Dog
> Feb half term

>child free

= :-D

Try: www.tenerifeforum.org/tenerife-forum/forum.php

www.islandconnections.eu/

www.expatforum.com/expats/spain-expat-forum-expats-living-spain/
 Tenerife advice - Old Navy
I have used this hotel, It looks like a prison block but is child free and is only 10 minutes from the south airport. It is a bit isolated but only ten minutes walk from El Medano.

www.knhoteles.com/en/knhoteles/apartados/hoteles/arenasdelmar
Thanks Unc , and others. It looks perfect for our requirements. Unfortunately (there is a downside) on Jet2 Hols website 3 full days 16/20 Feb costs over £600 each HB, even when I cheekily ask Jet2 to knock off the hold baggage cost because I only take hand baggage.
But your help was appreciated.
 Tenerife advice - Bromptonaut
Any options with other airlines from LBA or Manchester or Jet2/others from East Midlands? Or thinking laterally, how far are you from Newcastle?
Last edited by: Bromptonaut on Wed 5 Feb 14 at 12:47
I live in t'Dales. LBA less than an hour early AM from my front door to airport terminal, including parking the car. Mter 90 mins/2 hours + parking.
Best/Yorkshire option is to lie in bed and buy one of those bulbs which mimics sunlight. Or resign & go for 2 weeks to make it worthwhile. Currently stuck with Sunday>Monday otherwise I use my meagre holiday allowance which is already spoken for in 2014! Cant complain too much because I have some lovely trips planned for later this year.
 Tenerife advice - Bromptonaut
I guess its half term week that's killed it for you. A quick search suggests J2, Ryanair and Monarch all fly LBA/TFS on a Sunday but none of them show avalabilty for half term week.

We lived in Leeds in days when LBA's runway was too short for jets to get to Med, never mind Canaries. Options were MAN, EMA or a schlepp to Luton. We did once go via Newcastle which didn't seem too bad compared with other options.
 Tenerife advice - Dog
This is where I stayed for 3 winter months when I very first went to Tenerife on my own.

It's funny reading some of the reviews, but it is an old block of apartments, quite basic (not a hotel) mostly privately owned.

Ideal for someone who wants a week or 12 in the sun, who arrange their own flights.

www.holidaywatchdog.com/3909-Los_Cristianos-Comodoro_Apartments-Holiday-Review.html

Latest Forum Posts