Non-motoring > Minister doing the right thing? Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Westpig Replies: 9

Minister doing the right thing? - Westpig
...or more to it?

www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-26101442
 Minister doing the right thing? - Bromptonaut
Hurrah, he fell quickly, cleanly and without lengthy prevarication. The government want employers and landlords to act as backstops and criminalise them for employing or letting to illegals.

Perhaps this might hake them think again about thee practicalities.

If there's more to it (like that Immigration Judge?) then no doubt the sleuths of Fleet St will be on the case.
 Minister doing the right thing? - Roger.
Yellow card only - 10 minutes in the sin-bin. Front bench again soon.
 Minister doing the right thing? - Roger.
i115.photobucket.com/albums/n297/penfro/Bf9-C3GCUAAPtuFjpglarge_zps606d1f23.jpg
>> i115.photobucket.com/albums/n297/penfro/Bf9-C3GCUAAPtuFjpglarge_zps606d1f23.jpg

That's actually mildly amusing.
 Minister doing the right thing? - Armel Coussine
There's something positively visionary about the name Brokenshire.

I'm thinking of a miserablist TV series about what a khazi the country has allegedly become. Not quite sure where the eponymous county would be though... somewhere between Birmingham and Liverpool perhaps.

Minister doing the right thing? - Fursty Ferret
I have a cleaner (how terribly middle-class). I'm pretty sure she's Polish. I pay her cash, would never dream of asking for credentials to prove she's legally entitled to work here, and frankly don't care as she does a good job.
Last edited by: VxFan on Mon 19 May 14 at 02:06
 Minister doing the right thing? - NortonES2
Bet the rest of them are busy right now, checking. And their enemies are searching the bins:)
It was predicted when he proposed this legislation that it would catch out employers as checking the status of someone working illegally would turn out to be difficult.

He, the man in charge of putting the legislation in place, insisted that the employer was responsible and it would work. He was told by several people that it wouldn't work, but nanny knew best.
 Minister doing the right thing? - CGNorwich
"but nanny knew best."

where was she from?
Latest Forum Posts