Non-motoring > Utility Bills Miscellaneous
Thread Author: borasport Replies: 2

Utility Bills - borasport
Our power deal comes to an end at the end of this month, so I'm trying do do some comparisons - I've lost the afternoon, the will to live, and am contemplating attacking the red wine that will accompany tonights lamb

That nice Mr Cameron has asked is friends in the power industry to make their bills clearer - the only effect I can see at the moment is that I can't compare last year with next year, as the charging basis has changed - last year there was no standing charge but differing power rates, not there is a single power rate and a standing charge

Given time and a downhill gradient, I could probably work that out, but having checked bills and meter readings, two comparison sites, using figures based on actual consumption, keep telling me what I will save compared with my current bill of '£500 a year', which makes me doubt the whole scenario, as I'm actually paying twice that.

And its further complicated by the fact that if I check online, we haven't actually had a bill since last september, and our next bill will be due on the 16th of Dec last year.

I have emailed the utility (don't expect a response in anything less than 5 working days), I suspect phone calls to a call centre will be required soon enough (they knock off at 1pm on saturdays...) - sometingt to look forward to.
 Utility Bills - Manatee
It'll take you 15 minutes to do a calculator in a spreadsheet. Use your actual annual usage, or it's impossible to get a comparison when fixed charges differ. But you know all this :)

I actually used makeitcheaper on the phone. I checked their result on a couple of comparisons sites and and couldn't fault the result.

Scottish Power online fixed for about 15 months were best here for both electricity and gas by a significant margin. £0.34251 per day each standing charge, £0.11025 per kWh elec, £0.0336 gas, inc VAT and £20 dual fuel discount.

Differs by postcode of course.
 Utility Bills - bathtub tom
Sympathies, I'm going through the same with 'phone and broadband.
Latest Forum Posts