Non-motoring > France sat TV Freesat Miscellaneous
Thread Author: sherlock47 Replies: 4

France sat TV Freesat - sherlock47
As anticipated lots of people in the South of France have now lost their BBC coverage due to the footprint changes implemented by SES. More tweaks to affect ITV footprint tonight.

Mixed reports on suitable dish sizes - any reports from Mike Hannon and DE please.

I will feedback trial info from 34 when some consistent results are available. Currently advising from a wet distance (:
 France sat TV Freesat - helicopter
Not just the south of France ......

My brother in law lives in central Portugal and he has mentioned the likely loss of signal but I have not spoken to him for a few days.....

Seems like most of southern Europe is affected..

skyinmadrid.com/pages/news.html
 France sat TV Freesat - Dulwich Estate
I can't help you much here.

Our gaff in 17 (just north of Bordeaux) had a 60cm dish which, in anticipation of the change of satellite footprint, I changed to 80cm last year. But, I haven't been back since the Astra movements of 6 February, so can't advise.

Reports suggest that things are still fluid and it's best to wait a while for everything to settle down.

I gather that a 80cm dish will be OK up to about three quarters of the way down France. Department 34 will, I think have some problems and may need a 1m or so dish.

These sites are helpful and give more reception reports than you can read:

robssatellitetv.com/

services.completefrance.com/forums/completefrance/cs/forums/2996693/ShowPost.aspx
 France sat TV Freesat - Biggles
South Germany with a 90 cm dish - end of UK TV.
 France sat TV Freesat - Enoughalready
>> I can't help you much here.
>>
>> Our gaff in 17 (just north of Bordeaux) had a 60cm dish....

My parents live near Marennes and have a 60cm dish. I haven't heard of any issues and believe me, I certainly would if there were!
Latest Forum Posts