Non-motoring > Fuel prices Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Ambo Replies: 7

Fuel prices - Ambo
I need to renew my contract with my supplier and have a choice between fixed and standard/variable deals. What are members' forecasts on gas and electricity prices over the next 12 months please, up, level or down?

Fuel prices - madf
I have fixed to 2015.
 Fuel prices - mikeyb
Just fixed mine into next year. Govt. interference may cause a slight drop, but I doubt there is much difference.

If you fix you understand your costs for the period
 Fuel prices - Alastairw
I usually go for a capped rate rather than fixed. If by some chance fuel prices fall I benefit from the drop, but the price can't go up, at least until the end of the deal.
 Fuel prices - Armel Coussine
Petrol's fairly cheap at the moment, still under 130p a litre round here. Not much more than six and a half quid a gallon... OMG, my heart my heart, nurse! Doctor!

Vodka hasn't gone up and wood is free, if a bit damp.

:o}

Fuel prices - Dog
The price of Texas tea isn't overly painful at the moment: www.boilerjuice.com/heatingOilPrices.php
 Fuel prices - Crankcase
Dunno about that Dog. Including VAT just paid 63p a litre this week.
 Fuel prices - Dog
I mainly rely on the multi-fuel stove to heat this 3 bed cottage so I've only bought 500l of oil in the 3 years (in April) that we've been here.

When I do place an order I get it from www.communityenergyclub.org.uk/ which works out a bit cheaper, especially when ordering a 'small' amount like I do.

I've been threatening to see how much oil I would use if I relied on that for heating instead of having to clean the stove out / chop wood for kindling / get the coal in / take the ashes down to the recycling centre, but ya know ... I think it would be better to just sell up and move to Spain or Cyprus :)
Latest Forum Posts