Non-motoring > Here we go again.... Miscellaneous
Thread Author: MD Replies: 25

Here we go again.... - MD
www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-26276101
 Here we go again.... - Haywain
Ah - more hard-working immigrants benefitting the country. I trust an independent Scotland will take its share of them.
 Here we go again.... - Bromptonaut
Men exploit vulnerable women.

Who'd have thought it!!!
"Men exploit vulnerable women."

Presumably the press are biased in their reporting of such cases as well?
 Here we go again.... - Bromptonaut

>> Presumably the press are biased in their reporting of such cases as well?

As in more likely to report cases involving foreigners?

I say again, 'Who'd have thought it'........
"As in more likely to report cases involving foreigners? "

Yes - but I didn't think it would be considered pc to use the 'f' word.
 Here we go again.... - CGNorwich
We export our own share of home grown criminals.

www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2507078/Paedophile-arrested-HOURS-police-reveal-Costa-Del-Crimes-wanted.html
 Here we go again.... - Zero
So what country did Peter Sutcliffe come from? Fred West? Donald Neilson? Rosemary West? Jimmy Saville? Myra Hindley? Ian Brady? Garry Glitter? Stuart hall?

Ruddy immigrants.
Last edited by: Zero on Thu 20 Feb 14 at 21:46
"So what country did Peter Sutcliffe et al ……………………. come from?"

Precisely my point - we were perfectly capable of growing our own crims without importing any more.
But we also export per my earlier post so we need to import to maintain a criminal balance. If we only export there will be no crims left and this would cause widespread redundancy in the police and court and tabloid sectors.
 Here we go again.... - Westpig
>> So what country did Peter Sutcliffe come from? Fred West? Donald Neilson? Rosemary West? Jimmy
>> Saville? Myra Hindley? Ian Brady? Garry Glitter? Stuart hall?
>>
>> Ruddy immigrants.
>>
Hmm..valid point...but...there does seem to be a disproportionate number of people from some communities who seem to involve themselves in this sort of thing...when you have regard of the percentages of whose who in this country.

...so...is it biased reporting that has us all incorrectly assume things..or are some communities more likely to have those sorts of people within their midst?
 Here we go again.... - Fullchat
Or are there a disproportionate number of immigrants coming to this country to pursue their criminal activities as they see rich pickings and a soft approach of the authorities????
What I do see is that their victims seem to be native British.
 Here we go again.... - legacylad
We were discussing this tonight at the gym. A friend of mine is one of the BiB and he confirmed what we all know that a disproportionate number of Eastern Europeans have a liking to dip their dirty hands into the bags of little old ladies in a nearby market town. He suggested the three strike rule. Once reached, and these people are serial offenders, they should have their DNA taken and kicked out, never to return. For serious misdemeanours, a single strike policy should be effected. If that effects their family, tough. You took a risk and lost. And no benefits, apart from life saving healthcare, for 3 years. And if you have a criminal record, you aren't allowed into the country.
Vote for me. Or my pal.
 Here we go again.... - Duncan
>> We were discussing this tonight at the gym. A friend of mine is one of
>> the BiB and he confirmed what we all know that a disproportionate number of Eastern
>> Europeans have a liking to dip their dirty hands into the bags of little old
>> ladies in a nearby market town. He suggested the three strike rule. Once reached, and
>> these people are serial offenders, they should have their DNA taken and kicked out, never
>> to return. For serious misdemeanours, a single strike policy should be effected. If that effects
>> their family, tough. You took a risk and lost. And no benefits, apart from life
>> saving healthcare, for 3 years. And if you have a criminal record, you aren't allowed
>> into the country.
>> Vote for me. Or my pal.
>>

I was reading/watching something about this recently. It would seem that Romanians operate the three strike rule themselves, voluntarily.

When they have been arrested and convicted twice, they know that next time it will be a custodial sentence, so they return to Romania and someone else comes over here and takes their place.
Last edited by: Duncan on Fri 21 Feb 14 at 06:33
 Here we go again.... - MD
Well Zed one. Maybe the posters below you have thoughts in line with mine. Yes. Ruddy immigrants.
 Here we go again.... - legacylad
Not just immigrants though is it MD? They just exacerbate the problem. After almost 40 years in retail, with 4 shops in, shall we say, less salubrious parts of England, I have more experience, face to face, with scroats and general scum bags than most people except the police. I could write several volumes about British born families, several strong, who make a living off small time crime, three generations who have never done a days work, or intend to in the foreseeable. There is an entire sub society that many people are not aware of unless you come into contact with them in daily dealings.
My point is we have enough of them home bred without allowing any more into the country.
Last edited by: legacylad on Fri 21 Feb 14 at 07:21
Anyone care to say who added the scowly? I suppose my remark could be seen as neither diplomatic nor p.c. by those who leap to the defence of foreign criminals.
 Here we go again.... - Pat
Let's start a campaign to ban scowly faces.......I'm off to work now:)

I hate them.

Pat
 Here we go again.... - Cliff Pope
I think scowlies and thumbs-up should not be anonymous.
If someone wants to compliment or criticise a post they should have the courage to say so openly.
 Here we go again.... - Duncan
>> I think scowlies and thumbs-up should not be anonymous.
>> If someone wants to compliment or criticise a post they should have the courage to
>> say so openly.
>>

Some forums have a box under the post which says something like "Joe Bloggs thanks fred smith for this post"

Load of cobblers as far as I am concerned. Let's do away with the scowlies and the thumbs ups. If you've got something to say, say it!
As as been said before what is missing on this forum is a "thumbs down" symbol - a quick and easy means to show your disagreement with a proffered argument. In its absence I suspect many people use the "scowly face" even though they are not really offended as such - they just don't agree.

A forum conversation is not a one to one conversation but is a debate with a large number of participants. If in the real world when you are having such a debate you do get feed back from your audience in terms of nods of approval, grunts of agreement or people shouting "rubbish" even if they don't want to formally address the point you have made in detail. In the virtual world of the forum there is a need for similar feed back to show that not all opinions are considered equal by the audience.

That is why we need some sort of thumbs down button and that is why from time to time we should all expect a few scowly faces. Just don't take them personally. ;-(
 Here we go again.... - Ted

Never used the facility...it just tells me I need to be a qualified user !

HO
>> As as been said before what is missing on this forum is a "thumbs down"
>> symbol - a quick and easy means to show your disagreement with a proffered argument.
>> In its absence I suspect many people use the "scowly face" even though they are
>> not really offended as such - they just don't agree.

That's me
 Here we go again.... - PhilW
"they just don't agree."
Surely there is a difference between "reporting a post as offensive" and "they just don't agree"??
I'm sure there are many posts on here that people don't agree with, in which case they should take a moment to put their opposing point of view rather than just click the "offensive" button.
I've had several disagreements but never clicked "offensive" - I'll make my point and if others disagree (maybe even very strongly, and maybe they change my view!) then that is their view - can't say I have ever found a post that is "offensive" which I take to mean offensive in language, sexism, racism, ad hominems etc. Maybe I am not PC enough!
Some strong views expressed on here, but "offensive"? Thankfully very rare on here.
Is that down to Mods or the fact that we are prepared to have an argument in a civilised manner? Doesn't really matter as long as this site remains a place for discussion, argument, information, disagreement, etc, etc.
P
Anyway, if I got really upset by a post I think I might "Flounce" rather than press that "offensive" button!!

Here we go again.... - PhilW
PS Thumbs up to GCN above!!
>> Anyway, if I got really upset by a post I think I might "Flounce" rather
>> than press that "offensive" button!!

Agree with everything you wrote..other than...I think there should be a red thumb down button.

In the absence of that, I occasionally use the 'offensive button' to signal a dislike.

I agree that there is rarely a need, if ever, to truly post something as offensive.
Latest Forum Posts