Non-motoring > Rock Nostalgia Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Baz Replies: 12

Rock Nostalgia - Baz
Came across this just now
10cc live playing "Feel the Benefit"

tinyurl.com/3pqrawf

Forgotten what a talented bunch they were and one of my favourite tracks I haven't heard in years!
 Rock Nostalgia - Dog
Nice one Baz, one of my favourite groups (bands) from the olde days and I hadn't played any of their 'stuff' lately so um gonna make up for it ... right now: www.youtube.com/watch?v=z6Jb9m1N67g
 Rock Nostalgia - Dog
A slight drift ... www.youtube.com/watch?v=KxtPRF6NG7I
 Rock Nostalgia - Robin O'Reliant
A vastly under-rated band. It's a pity that well written comedy records seem to have died the death in recent years -

www.youtube.com/watch?v=IiGFSQNwGkc
 Rock Nostalgia - Zero
music is for musicians, comedy is for comics. And thats where they should stay.

Rock Nostalgia - Robin O'Reliant
>> music is for musicians, comedy is for comics. And thats where they should stay.
>>
>>
>>
Heathen.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1mrAMX56jE
 Rock Nostalgia - Armel Coussine
>> >> music is for musicians, comedy is for comics. And thats where they should stay.
>>
>>
>>
>>Heathen.

Funny though how the comic song has declined. In the old musichall days it was a mainstay.

'Oh Mr Woo, what shall I do? I've got those kind of Limehouse Chinese laundry blues... '

And 'I get much more pleasure when I'm playing with me euk...' Pretty near the knuckle some of them.
 Rock Nostalgia - ....
Are Smashie and Nicey done ?

Cheeeesus ! Is this what passes for Rock music here ?
Last edited by: gmac on Sat 8 Mar 14 at 20:59
 Rock Nostalgia - ....
How it's done real time:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=7U_Q-M8Bnvw

how it's done slowed down:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=vOeThyZt1vg

We all know rock musicians are nancy boys (yeah right !!! try drinking with ANY musician, especially brass) but sit through the second vid and you will learn it's a bit more than hammering away on a string...He copies Bach !!!
 Rock Nostalgia - Focusless
Or... this is the lead guitarist (and songwriter) from my stepson's band; see 1:56:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=waszqgxsEBU
 Rock Nostalgia - ....
Try Yngwie from 56 minutes in the above link. He looks like he's out to snap the guitar.
No disrespect your stepson's band look like they mean business.
Any concerts planned in SE in the next month?
 Rock Nostalgia - Focusless
Yeah - impressive, although I'm glad I can ffwd through it and not be stood up in a hot sweaty auditorium waiting for the band to get going again :)

Band have just been recording their next studio album and will be touring it, not sure when/where though. Will try to find out.
 Rock Nostalgia - Boxsterboy
Yep, another 10cc fan over here.

Although from Manchester, they recorded a fair bit in Dorking. Where the road from London (A24) passes through Mickleham village there used to be a road sign warning of 'Deceptive Bends', which became the title of one of their albums.
Latest Forum Posts